Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I decided to put some spent ammo casings over some of the bolts on the motorcycle to see how they look. I have taken 45 casings and pressed the cap nuts into the casings for the windshield. The casings I used on the rest of the bike are 38's and 9mm.
What do you think? I would like honest opinions please.

·
Registered
100 Posts
It doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks, although it's nice when compliments are made. I like the look straight on looking at the side of the engine, but the ones on the windshield, not so much when being able too see the entire casing. They are too long and just look gawdy to me sticking out that far.

If it were me, I'd cut the casings down so that they are just long enough to cover the nuts they are over. You can easily cut them down shorter using a tubing cutter.

·
Registered
524 Posts
It doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks, although it's nice when compliments are made. I like the look straight on looking at the side of the engine, but the ones on the windshield, not so much when being able too see the entire casing. They are too long and just look gawdy to me sticking out that far.

If it were me, I'd cut the casings down so that they are just long enough to cover the nuts they are over. You can easily cut them down shorter using a tubing cutter.
I second cutting them down i do like the idea

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,787 Posts
I like the looks of them rb, I would agree with cutting down the ones around the windshield area, the ones on the engine give it a different look. Well thought out and a different approach, I like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really appreciate the feedback. I did not think about cutting them down and will think about that. I did think about the casings turning green from tarnishing and I thought when that happens, I would approach it then.
I appreciate the feedback.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts