Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend gave me the bottle/cell holder that really is nice.

I also installed the Clevver, It is worth EVERY penny!!! Much better clutch engagement. I always felt like I was slipping the clutch too much getting rolling. Engagement was near the full release point even with everything adjusted properly. Now it starts to engage about 3/4" away from hand grip and the friction zone is much wider. Bike takes off much better from a start and there is more area to play with when doing slow turn maneuvers.

AWESOME PRODUCT!!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yep, nice to have a drink holder for water. It even keeps it cool a bit longer. My wife got me one just like that for Christmas. The only problem I have had with it is that the pin that it rotates on in the middle can work out allowing the holder to get loose. Mine did this and was easily fixed by driving the pin back in.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The side pins allow for a lot of cup movement and so it rattler. Very annoying! I will give then a squeeze to see if that helps.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What I really need is a PEE bottle .... I fill up with water when I stop, then I hafta pee sometime before the next stop! (which forces me to stop again) LOL

Add BEER and it only gets worse!!!

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
What I really need is a PEE bottle .... I fill up with water when I stop, then I hafta pee sometime before the next stop! (which forces me to stop again) LOL
O but they do make a PEE bottle, you might say it's a plug and play setup but trust me you wont like it at all.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I installed the Clevver a year ago and loved it. Until my clutch cable snapped this year. Not saying it was from installing the Clevver or maybe I installed it incorrectly but it just seems odd that I've never ever had to replace a clutch cable before. Anyway, replacement cable was a week delivery so I went aftermarket with a motion pro cable and put the original lever back on. Works great and no issues.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I installed the Clevver a year ago and loved it. Until my clutch cable snapped this year. Not saying it was from installing the Clevver or maybe I installed it incorrectly but it just seems odd that I've never ever had to replace a clutch cable before. Anyway, replacement cable was a week delivery so I went aftermarket with a motion pro cable and put the original lever back on. Works great and no issues.
Actually the Clevver has been blamed for many clutch cable failures, the non-used OEM cable hole rubs against the cable frays it and causes the cable to become damaged. I have seen this across many motorcycle forums on 1300's, 950's, 650, etc

1 - 10 of 10 Posts