Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wondering if any of you good folk have ever installed a alarm on a v star (650) and how to go about this. I just got mine in and before i attempt to do this i thought it might be a good idea to see who has one on thier bike and all. I know i can probably figure it out but came here first just to see. thanks

OK, GUESS NOT.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have a 650 and I never felt the need to install an alarm. Never really thought about it but if I had an 1100 or higher I would have one. I know the HD have alarms from the factory. As a matter if fact, someone showed me a transponder box that came with his, he says if someone takes his bike and it gets about 70 feet away from the transponder the bike will shut down. Now I like that. Lol.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok then

yeah, i was wondering about that and never really heard of anyone putting one on other than a harley but i figured it couldn't hurt. oh well now i know.

·
Registered
960 Posts
IMO the best alarm would be a preimiter alarm (which easily becomes just a nuisance) or a tip alarm like with a mercury switch. Any kind of engine disabling alarm will cause more harm than good. (hate to be held liable for a thief that crashes my motorcycle because it is programmed to stall! 'MERIKUH!)

Most bikes that are successfully stolen arent ridden off, rather lifted up with a few guys and thrown into a truck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts