Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have/try using the motorcycle dolly from Harbor Freight?

Just bought one and I can't seem to get the bike to fit on it.
I have a 2013 V-Star 1300 Deluxe.

·
Super Moderator
4,625 Posts
I have the same jack. I use a short piece of 2x12 that I run my front tire on to give clearance for jack under the frame. Have been doing this for years, works great.

·
Super Moderator
4,625 Posts
Yea, you did say dolly, I read jack. Must be a loose connection between my eyes and brain. 😄. Can't help on the dolly. Now I have to see if I can chase down that loose connection.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have one for my 950, love having it. The kickstand doesn't fit in the little trough, for 2 years I used it like that putting the kick stand on the railing. It was secure enough I didn't worry about it tipping over. I ended up extending the trough out by getting some 3/8 thick by 2 in wide and about 18 inch long steal and bolting it to the bottom on the dolly and bottom of the trough, not real petty but very functional.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I've looked at these and would love to have one but my bike is 102" long. The longest I've seen is 91".

·
Registered
74 Posts
I tried one for my VStar 650, and couldn’t get the kickstand to land in the trough. None of the hacks I came up with gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling that it wouldn’t topple over, so I took it back.

I didn’t even charge Harbor Freight an assembly fee :)

-PH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts