Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok today I am thinki about making my life easier buy buying a lift table. As the bike jack isn a bad way to go but by my self it’s not much fun. I just received the harbor freight catalog and they have one on sale for $349.00 might have to go look at it today normal price is $450 Anyone have something to say about this model would love to hear good or bad information about it.
72C9D5A1-2D24-4B7F-8189-C76C2E98959E.png
image.jpg

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,948 Posts
I wish I had one, don't have room in garage right now. I have a two car attached garage. Wife's SUV, my Mustang and bike is already a tight fit. Maybe I could kick the wife's SUV out, yea, right. Keep us informed on what you decide.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don’t have room either but it’s very tempting to just go and pick it up anyway. But I’m thinking that I could store one bike on it that would help. That way it’s really not in the way of all my other stuff. And seeing that I can only drive one at a time might make sense for buying it plus the added ability to move one around on casters would help. The only bad thing I have read about the lift so far seems to be the front tire holder is to small but that can be addressed easy enough.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Those lifts are nice. I don't have room either.
I have a small 1 car garage and marginal getting a car in there so I use it for tools, store a 4 wheeler in there and 2 bikes.
More of a repair and workshop.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I have two of those lifts one has two arms and my other one has four arms for larger bikes but it’s hard for me to get them under the bikes by myself As I don’t want to drop my bike on the ground. They are fine when I have some help though. I also have the screw type witch works great for oil change.
F5AAAE73-3441-4253-BA78-C62B1DBB4BA6.png

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’m thinking that the table style would be great but I’ve got limited space too. But I’m wondering if I use it for winter storage of one of my bikes it might be feasible as I don’t think that it would use anymore room than I use now. The big 4 arm jack I have isn’t small buy any means and seeing I have the table jack already it would be a nice addition to the collection.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
It would keep the garage from swallowing the bike in an off season. I almost have to take the bags off for winter garage rotation. Bike in front snowblowers to the rear.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Here is what I use for my 650. I love this thing pretty stable, doesn't take too much room. Locking steel swivel casters, and ratcheting safety catch.
I wish I had room for the HF MC Lift. As it is I have to make room in the garage when I get a second bike.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like the extensions you made has me thinking about making a couple different ones for various bikes that seem to show up here. Seems like every bike is just a little bit different as to where the engine case sits in frame I’ve been using wood pieces to make it work And really not comfortable doing that.

·
Registered
190 Posts
The metal cost very little and was easy to work with. I made sure it was bolted to the lift so there is no shake. But is always a good idea to use straps when the bike is in the air.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Welded up done scrap and stole an old pool noodle from my in-law’s place. Cheap and effective. Just like me. LOL

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My Yamahas don’t have any issues with most lifts but the Dyna has a lower engine case protection piece welded to the frame makes it a pain to lift high enough to work on tires and things like that.
image.jpg

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I had the 2007 1300 r vtx and it was a easy to lift for working on just didn’t like the bike all that well. Was kinda noisy going down the road.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts