Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! Have a quick question for those in the Tennessee/ North Carolina area around The Dragon...or even those that may go there regularly. My husband and I are celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary next year, and we want to go back to that area to celebrate, on the motorcycle of course! What are some recommendations that you may have for hotel/ cabins in the area? We stayed in Alcoa, near the Knoxville airport a few years ago, and it wasn't bad at all...but I know there are other, better places to stay out there. Maybe even places that have getaway packages, if anyone knows of any. Looking at going July 17-23. Ready to go back now, don't want to wait till next year! Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
417 Posts
Check Fontana Village. It is a short ride to Deals Gap, aka The Dragon. It isn't a long ride to the Cherohala Skyway. It is a resort with lots of amenities and may fit the bill for an anniversary trip. Not far to Robbinsville if you need something.

·
Super Moderator
6,013 Posts
Hi, I'm familiar with the Timber Tops luxury cabin rentals in that area. Stayed there a number of years ago. It's all in the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area, and not far from Dollywood and the Dragon tail. Their number is 1-800-266-1066, or www.YourCabin.com.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts