Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
picking up an 07 Stratoliner Midnight tomorrow, moving up from my VStar 650 Classic.....
Anything I might need to be aware of?
I sat on one at the dealer and I really like the balance and feel of this bike, honestly I can't wait to make the two hour ride home on it!

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

DQuick

·
Registered
254 Posts
Welcome, Good bikes..
If you have it a while, keep reading the forum for ways to make it yours. Lots will help.
Just take it easy on the throttle, will suck up the gas cause you will like twisting it and feeling the power..
Ride Safe
Any problems you run in to all will be able to help out but they are so few and far between, you shouldn't have to worry.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Good luck with it! Mine just was delivered last night an 07 Candy Red Roadliner, but it's still too cold to ride here.
Joe

·
Registered
396 Posts
What you need.

picking up an 07 Stratoliner Midnight tomorrow, moving up from my VStar 650 Classic.....
Anything I might need to be aware of?
I sat on one at the dealer and I really like the balance and feel of this bike, honestly I can't wait to make the two hour ride home on it!

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

DQuick
The only thing you will need is to hold on really tight. it is going to make your 650 V* feel like you have been riding a moped.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
okay so I have it! What an awesome ride, I love the smoothe feel and the brisk throttle, hard to believe that a bike nearly 800lbs can feel this light and agile....I can hardly wait to ride it to Sturgis this year from the Texas Gulf Coast!

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
okay so I have it! What an awesome ride, I love the smoothe feel and the brisk throttle, hard to believe that a bike nearly 800lbs can feel this light and agile....I can hardly wait to ride it to Sturgis this year from the Texas Gulf Coast!
:confused: Let's see, you are in PA, you want to ride to Sturgis from the Texass Gulf Coast, :eek: Be a bit out of the way, huh? Glad for you that you got a happy ride:D Have fun and ride safe.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:confused: Let's see, you are in PA, you want to ride to Sturgis from the Texass Gulf Coast, :eek: Be a bit out of the way, huh? Glad for you that you got a happy ride:D Have fun and ride safe.
Note- I now live in Texas, Had to move away from the snow....thanks for reminding me to update my profile.....

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
don't be.............

we can't all be lucky enough to live in Texas so you should just be happy for those of us that are
I'm HAPPY for ya Bevo1981, yes Austin is nice but have you been out of the city limits:cool: Well have ya?:eek:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Excellent

Sweet, you lucky dog. get to ride all the time. hey how much did you shell out for this bike. just curious. mine was a warehouse bike. bought it in 2009 and it was a 2007 bike. brand new. 10,899.00, 11400.00 out the door. tax and license.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yup, the Republic of year round riding!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sweet, you lucky dog. get to ride all the time. hey how much did you shell out for this bike. just curious. mine was a warehouse bike. bought it in 2009 and it was a 2007 bike. brand new. 10,899.00, 11400.00 out the door. tax and license.
I think I did good...2007 Midnight with V&H two into one, power commander, new metzlers, all braided stainless cables, and new Mustang seats, plus a pretty nice cover for the bike too, it's got 24000 miles on it and I paid $6500.00 cash.....
I'm happy with the purchase, don't really know if I did good or not but comparitive I think I did good.
I'll try to get some pics up some time soon....

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think I did good...2007 Midnight with V&H two into one, power commander, new metzlers, all braided stainless cables, and new Mustang seats, plus a pretty nice cover for the bike too, it's got 24000 miles on it and I paid $6500.00 cash.....
I'm happy with the purchase, don't really know if I did good or not but comparitive I think I did good.
I'll try to get some pics up some time soon....
Here they are!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts