Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well members, P.I.Girl and I are about 95% moved into our ‘new to us’ house hence the lack of being on our forum lately.
We’ve come to the conclusion that moving is for the young both physically and mentally, lol.
You never know how much stuff you accumulate once you move it!
Sooooo we’re back, sore and tired, but we’re here and ready to get caught up.
Here’s a couple of pictures of our new digs.
IMG_0190.jpg IMG_0191.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
that looks like... an.... eight bike garage.

·
Super Moderator
4,637 Posts
Did you find sore muscles that you forgot you had. Like already mentioned, love the porch. Glad you are almost done. When is the house warming party. We want steak!!! 😁

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Well members, P.I.Girl and I are about 95% moved into our ‘new to us’ house hence the lack of being on our forum lately.
We’ve come to the conclusion that moving is for the young both physically and mentally, lol.
You never know how much stuff you accumulate once you move it!
Sooooo we’re back, sore and tired, but we’re here and ready to get caught up.
Here’s a couple of pictures of our new digs.
View attachment 83364 View attachment 83366

Nice “Southern” rocking chair porch! You could have a party on that thing.
Glad to see ya back guys!

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Very nice, Keith. I too love the porch (and the 8 bike garage :wink:). I get what you mean about it being a drain physically and mentally. We moved last April and it was something I wish I never had to do again. Unfortunately this house isn't really filling our needs. Our oldest moved out so it's way too big and we'd prefer to be out in the country anyway (plus I need a bigger garage lol). So, we'll be doing it again, but not for a year or two. Fun fun fun.

·
Super Moderator
4,637 Posts
I have been away too long... MOVED??? Where to?
I'll let Keith or P.I.Girl give the true version.

Here's mine: Keith and P.I.Girl are madly in love with each other, wanted to save on income taxes (got engaged), wanted to cut expenses and bought a house together. It will give them more expendable income to buy more bikes.

Sorry Keith and P.I.Girl on my version. But you have to admit it's does have some merit.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Congrats on the move! Love the look of the new place. Hopefully it will be a while before you need to move again if ever. I've tried to talk my wife into moving but she says she's gonna die in our house and they can carry her out with the furniture.

Need a couple of rocking chairs for that porch which I love too by the way.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Looks good! I can see all of us sitting on the front porch, sipping Jack Daniels, smoking cigars and making plans for forum rallies and cross country group rides . Well done, guys! Moving us not fun indeed, but being in the new house should help to recover.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone!
It’s been an experience for sure, we looked for close to a year before we found this place. It pays to do your homework as we got more bang for our buck with this place compared to the other houses we looked at. I also got a large hay barn with this house that I’ll turning into my workshop. The barn already has water and power going to it and I can’t wait to get started on it.
We wanted a large enough place to have friends and family over to destress and enjoy the country setting, so since ALL of you are part of our extended family, everyone is invited to visit and enjoy the fresh country air.

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
rocking chairs?!?

motorcycle ramps on the ends!

·
Super Moderator
6,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks! I like the idea of motorcycle ramps at the end of the stairs, ummm now I’ll be brain storming for a few days, lol.
On February 1st I started my 27th year in my career and told P.I.girl that the front porch and swing is a built in ‘destresser’, she agreed! She’s enjoying learning to live in the country. We even have a well as a water backup. With the acreage, we have deer and a lot of wild turkeys including hearing a few coyotes at night. Our pit ‘Sadie’ wants to explore every nook and cranny and establish her territory, lol.

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
If I remember right you live in florida?

here in NY we dont have coyotes, we have a cross called Coywolfs.. not something you want your dog to mess with.

Coywolf

·
Super Moderator
6,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We moved from Dayton Tn to Evensville Tn which is 18 miles farther north close to the Tennessee river. It’s very rural and a lot of farms in the area. Being farm land with lots of livestock nearby, we have lots of critters around.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts