Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still favor the likes of Yamaha and the Star Bikes. But at this time and the demands of my riding needs, I felt the attraction to the CanAm Spyder and yielded to the temptation yesterday. I run across a very low mileage 2009 RS SM5 Red and Black Spyder at a local dealership and was able to agree on a price we both could live with. SO I brought it home. I called the Yamaha Dealership I purchased the Vstar 1300 Deluxe from and he told me to don't hesitate and would give me most all I paid for it to have it back in his inventory.

Thanks for the welcomes and all the information I have received here and I'm not closing my membership, just having to focus on the Spyder information at this time. I feel there will be other StarBikes in my future as I will always recognize the good deals as they arise from time to tome, especially when I begin missing the "Cruiser" experience and enjoying riding out in the country.

Where ever and what ever you choose to ride, please ride safe...MD in SC

Attachments

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,897 Posts
Yes, stick around as a lot that is discussed here has to do with the riding experience and not so much as to what you ride. Congrats and enjoy the new ride.

·
Super Moderator
6,791 Posts
I’m glad you’re not leaving us My 1100. Stick around and keep us informed on how you’re enjoying the Spyder. I’ve met several different people that ride them and they’ve all been pleased with it. I like that deep red color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
I still favor the likes of Yamaha and the Star Bikes. But at this time and the demands of my riding needs, I felt the attraction to the CanAm Spyder and yielded to the temptation yesterday. I run across a very low mileage 2009 RS SM5 Red and Black Spyder at a local dealership and was able to agree on a price we both could live with. SO I brought it home. I called the Yamaha Dealership I purchased the Vstar 1300 Deluxe from and he told me to don't hesitate and would give me most all I paid for it to have it back in his inventory.

Thanks for the welcomes and all the information I have received here and I'm not closing my membership, just having to focus on the Spyder information at this time. I feel there will be other StarBikes in my future as I will always recognize the good deals as they arise from time to tome, especially when I begin missing the "Cruiser" experience and enjoying riding out in the country.

Where ever and what ever you choose to ride, please ride safe...MD in SC
I've always been intrigued by them. I'll be watching this thread to see how you like it after some miles. My step-FIL? (long story) bought a Kawasaki Nomad trike to replace his RSTD and sent it back to the dealership after the first ride. The "push" as he said almost crashed him. I'm curious how the Spyder rides compared to a typical 2 wheel bike.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I've always been intrigued by them. I'll be watching this thread to see how you like it after some miles. My step-FIL? (long story) bought a Kawasaki Nomad trike to replace his RSTD and sent it back to the dealership after the first ride. The "push" as he said almost crashed him. I'm curious how the Spyder rides compared to a typical 2 wheel bike.
I don't quite understand.... "push". Do you mean that the motor is too strong or the acceleration is dangerous?

From what I have heard, the Can Am trikes are not very reliable.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I don't quite understand.... "push". Do you mean that the motor is too strong or the acceleration is dangerous?

From what I have heard, the Can Am trikes are not very reliable.
I haven't talked to him personally about it. But I assumed something to do with the way the dual rear wheels drive the trike and the fact it doesn't "lean" into a corner like a 2 wheel bike. That would be a very different feel for someone riding 2 wheels for the last 40+ years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts