Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Well, it is not 100% yet, but it LOOKS like I will have my 2000 Road Star 1600. I will know for sure on 2-21. The only thing stopping the purchase is if someone beats me to it while I wait on my money.

I plan to ride this bike across country, often, so I am curious what kind f MPG I should see from this bike. . . .

The bike does have a factory windscreen, after market saddle bags and back rest. When I ride interstate, I usually roll at about 75mph or so. I am a "big boy" at 6'2" tall and 300lbs, so that might effect the mpg some too.

Thank you in advance to anyone who helps with this question, and maybe I will see you on the road one day.:)

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Depending on the modification...you'll probably be between 35 - 45 MPG in good conditions.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Depending on the modification...you'll probably be between 35 - 45 MPG, maybe a bit higher if completely stock under perfect conditions.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Hey Mick you got a stutter. A couple of my friends have R* and they get 40 to 45 on the hwy 2 up.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Yeah I do....LOL.

The Roadies I ride with get about that too.....one up or 2 up it's pretty close.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The ad says Mustang seat and V&H pipes, saddle bags, back rest , blah blah blah. . . so 35 low and 45 high end should be good marks to shoot for?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey all,

Well, it is not 100% yet, but it LOOKS like I will have my 2000 Road Star 1600. I will know for sure on 2-21. The only thing stopping the purchase is if someone beats me to it while I wait on my money.

I plan to ride this bike across country, often, so I am curious what kind f MPG I should see from this bike. . . .

The bike does have a factory windscreen, after market saddle bags and back rest. When I ride interstate, I usually roll at about 75mph or so. I am a "big boy" at 6'2" tall and 300lbs, so that might effect the mpg some too.

Thank you in advance to anyone who helps with this question, and maybe I will see you on the road one day.:)

I have a 2000 R* S and I get around 42-43 mpg.. I too am a big boy over 300 . My regular riding involves mostly highway and I ride around 100-110 km/hr which is 60-70 miles/hr.
I recently installed a batwing fairing and got to this mpg.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Helps alot. . . . now I just got to get my Taxes in so I can get the bike!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I ride a 2000 RS as well.
I've owned it since 2006 .
It had 1300 miles on it when I bought it. It now shows 89456 miles. The only modification I've ever done is to remove the last baffle on the pipes.

I'm 210 # and stand up straight at 5'10".

I usually run about 5.mph over the limit and avoid freeways.
( if your riding a free way you might as well be in a cage)

I average 48 mpg city and high way combined.

Mpg drops considerably at elevations over 4500 ft.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts