Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks,

I thought I'd post to say that this past weekend I successfully completed a MSF Basic Rider Course and found it to be a very worthwhile experience. I've only been riding for about a month now and even with all the reading, research and practice I've done; I still found this course useful and informative. I'm in NY and took the course given by these folks Trama's Motorcycle & Auto School. Just to be clear I don't work for them and I have no other affiliation with them. I just took their course and highly recommend it.

Also, if you pass the Basic Rider Course you get a waiver for the NYS DMV road test and can apply for your motorcycle endorsement upon completion. In simple terms, I passed the class on Sunday, brought my proof of completion to DMV Monday morning and got my temporary license complete with my "M" endorsement.

Figured I'd pass it along.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey Tony, I know this is an old post, but congrats on the passing the MSF course.

I also took it when I first got into riding a couple of years ago. It is money and time very well spent. Even the veteran riders who were in my class said it was well worth it for them as well. They learned new things, and dropped some bad habits they had been doing.

I think everyone even thinking about riding should take this course. I can't recommend it enough.

Here in California, it also gets you a waiver for the DMV road test, which is harder to pass I hear. Then it's just the written test standing between you and your M endorsement.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I agree, great course, in VA can do same thing, take the signed course info to DMV and get your M added. I just started riding in may last year so the course really helped. i stared out on a vstar 1100, so i am really glad i had some addn safety training. enjoy the ride and be safe.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nice Job

Congrats on the course. Took it last year, even with some experience, it proved to be worth every penny. Dont forget in NYS to take the certificate to the insurance company...discounts....

I highly recommend this course. I found myself using many of the techniques even when I am in the truck. Have fun riding !

·
Registered
4 Posts
This course should have been mandatory years ago... Its priceless!! I enjoyed every single minute of the 4 days, & would do it all over again. The things I learned in that class will most likely save me from something that I wouldnt have been able to avoid had I not taken this course. & yes, here in florida as well, passing this course means MC endorsement on your license! I didnt see it as a 'fee', I seen it as an 'investment', & its by far the best one I have ever made! Ride Safe! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts