Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning ladies & gents of this forum. I hope this finds you all well & good.
My thoughts running around motorcycles this morning ...
Is there a particular music genre that describes motorcycles?
Is there a particular music genre that describes riding motorcycles? (Not that you listen while riding. Just the feeling behind it.)

My answer is yes. However it depends on the style of bike. To me choppers have a blues vibe to me.
Bobbers have punk & ska feeling to me.
Baggers/cruisers are jam music. Music that has riffs that go on & on. Such as The Allman Brothers or The Dave Matthews Band or Stevie Ray Vaughn

When riding, again it depends on what you're doing.
Cross country riding.... jam music.
Running errands ... hard rock. Early Led Zeppelin. Iron Maiden
Track racing ... gotta think on this one.

Your thoughts?

Ride smart! Ride often!

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Try to listen to 60's and later. Some rock...road songs like Turn the Page, Some Tom Petty, Really listening to alot of Charlie Worsham now. Kind of like the low key stuff now that the world is so crazy...But in OH it makes it tough to listen to music as they only allow one ear bud in. I dont have any speakers on my bike because I would not be able to hear them with the wind and exhaust noise.

·
Super Moderator
3,818 Posts
I just put on a Spotify play list - Pink Floyd, Beatles, Bob Seger, John Prine, Hank Jr, Stones, The Who, Allman Brothers, Skynyrd. Nothing bike type specific... just good tunes. I remember heading out on a long ride one morning and as I opened the garage door the sun was rising and Here Comes the Sun started playing. The perfect tune to start the day.

·
Registered
445 Posts
track racing = electronica
mopeds = indie/folk
dirt bikes = heavy metal
sport bikes = rap
Glad someone thought of sport bikes. Rap, and maybe dubstep...unless you consider them related.
Electronica for track racing is perfect. (Old school Kraftwerk works for me)

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Seeing that picture of the stereo makes me regret a little of the decision I made a couple days ago. I donated my Marantz receiver, Technics turntable, 5 disc CD player and..... ALL OF MY ALBUMS.... what was I thinking??? Oh well... it goes for a good cause. I hope they sell for enough money to help them on their mission trips. Oh well. Music on demand technology that fits in my pocket has replaced all of that hardware. I have had all but the CD player since the mid 70’s. Its like losing a friend!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Just a thought; were would rockabilly or psychobilly fit in? Classical? Jazz? Cool Jazz..ok, nevermind the cool jazz, that goes with nothing, but still...

·
Registered
01, Roadstar 1600. /08 1700
345 Posts
Seeing that picture of the stereo makes me regret a little of the decision I made a couple days ago. I donated my Marantz receiver, Technics turntable, 5 disc CD player and..... ALL OF MY ALBUMS.... what was I thinking??? Oh well... it goes for a good cause. I hope they sell for enough money to help them on their mission trips. Oh well. Music on demand technology that fits in my pocket has replaced all of that hardware. I have had all but the CD player since the mid 70’s. Its like losing a friend!
I have used that turntable almost daily since I bought it in 1972 best money I ever spent.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
9,009 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Rockabilly is definitely cafe racer. At least, in my book.

Ride smart! Ride often!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts