Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
01, Roadstar 1600. /08 1700
348 Posts
If i could pick an artist to represent my 08 it would be Frank Sinatra. Smooth, long lasting. and most people at some point will enjoy its value. The 01 maybe the Good Rats. It's kinda ratty.

·
Registered
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
1,111 Posts
I find it quite interesting your opinions about the music that represents different types of bikes. I wont challenge any of them.

For me and music while on the bike, I choose to not listen anymore while riding. My last few bikes have been quite powerful (VMAX, FZ1, R3T, Strat) and for some reason, the music I listen to makes the bikes even faster and more rowdy. It is some sort of magic I guess.

One would think that is a young man's immaturity at play. But with all my grey hair, it must be the magic...

Reactions: scootersage

·
Registered
348 Posts
I find it quite interesting your opinions about the music that represents different types of bikes. I wont challenge any of them.

For me and music while on the bike, I choose to not listen anymore while riding. My last few bikes have been quite powerful (VMAX, FZ1, R3T, Strat) and for some reason, the music I listen to makes the bikes even faster and more rowdy. It is some sort of magic I guess.

One would think that is a young man's immaturity at play. But with all my grey hair, it must be the magic...
I have never had music on a bike. Doubt I ever will.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
My M&D had a color tv in their room. We kids did not get one until 1980.
My first had a am/fm w. an 8-track player.

Ride smart! Ride often!
We had one black and white in the house!
On my mp3 player loaded with less country than the truck.
The likes of Alan Parsons Seeger Foreigner etc. Has to be good country to hear on the bike.

·
Registered
22 Posts
for me,, it has to be heavy,, loud,, fast,, and roaring.. sych as Mudvayne,, Pantera,, old school Metalica like Ride The Lightening,, etc.. i keep my eyes on people with their windows down though.. if they are young adults then fckem they can listen with me but any other age group ill pause out of respect at lights and such..

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
I came across this video on Youtube, when you look at who all is in it, this song is great and the all star line up playing it there will be few better.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I came across this video on Youtube, when you look at who all is in it, this song is great and the all star line up playing it there will be few better.

Interesting story behind that gig. The gist of it is producers were trying to get Prince to play, since he would be there anyway. They did one 'walkthrough', and Prince left, saying he would be there for the performance and everything would be ok. He stayed back until the end solo, then stepped up and killed it. A magical performance. I think Prince is one of the most under rated guitarists of all time, this shows how good a musician he was.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Interesting story behind that gig. The gist of it is producers were trying to get Prince to play, since he would be there anyway. They did one 'walkthrough', and Prince left, saying he would be there for the performance and everything would be ok. He stayed back until the end solo, then stepped up and killed it. A magical performance. I think Prince is one of the most under rated guitarists of all time, this shows how good a musician he was.
After he smashed a 1961 Epiphone Crestwood that belonged to a member of Jimmy Fallons house band I won't listen to him. A real D-Bag move.

·
Super Moderator
3,818 Posts
He was a great guitar player but I couldn't stand his music.

·
Super Moderator
7,532 Posts
Moped riding, anything from the soft rock genre.
Bobber/Cafe Racer, anything uptempo and fast.
Cruiser, anything from Stevie Ray Vaughn, instrumental long playing, and songs at least 7-8 minutes long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
I only listen to the blues genre to keep me mellow. I can't listen to Ted Nugent, Born to be Wild, Magic Carpet Ride or other similar music, for some reason it throws me into an aggressive, adrenaline filled twisty carving speed adventure.

·
Super Moderator
3,818 Posts
When I went for a ride yesterday I fired it up and hit play - La Grange came on. Perfect.

·
Registered
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
1,111 Posts
I felt moved to write more.

For me, music is like candy, not useful till your remove the wrapper/rapper.

I do not ride bikes with stereos unless they are loaners. Too many electronics mean too many problems to me. But I do have a Sena headset for talking to Pretty Pillion and to listen to News and music over the FM radio.

For music, I tune my headset to a rock station and find that no matter what my purpose for the ride is (commute to work or pleasure ride in the country) the bike just runs better.

I have mentioned a few times on here what the right song will do to the throttle. It is a good thing I do not ride sport bikes actually as that would really get me into trouble.

I started using a helmet headset with my 2006 VMAX. That was both dangerous and exhilarating. Then my rehab bike, the FZ1, continued the training of learning to ride while listening to Rock. Both bike were totaled but I can't blame the music; I didn't have it on for either. Wait a minute, maybe that was a factor I haven't considered yet...

For the types of bikes, my personality tend to think all of them are some sort of Rock-n-roll. Scooters can be circus music I guess, fun but not serious.

When I was last riding a dirt bike, I often had Rob Zombie in my head. No room for music there so I play songs in me tiny brain. Throttle is always either WOT or idle. And the pipes are usually so loud one couldn't hear even Hard Rock through mega speakers. "Bodies" from Drowning Pool is the reason I sold my last dirt bike; 1978 CR500. I had that song stuck in my head back in 2006 the last time I rode the bike. My body hurt so bad after a half day of riding that it took me three weeks to recover. "Bodies" is an awesome song to assault the trails with. But dang if it doesn't make the bike charge harder than it would otherwise.

I catch myself singing in my head at stop lights all the time. My foot does to the ground and starts tapping to something even when I have the half helmet on and not listening to anything. I guess I have the music in me all the time...

Reactions: Louisiana Jeff
21 - 33 of 33 Posts