Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
I'm an unknown rock star. Or as we in the band like to call ourselves, 4 hasbeens that never was.
But we still get together every week and crank out some loud classic rock.:p

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Really late, REALLY late, Hank Jr, CCR, Bob Seger, Janice J. or..............(fill in the blank) Ol Sugar Bear croonin, you would swear that's who it was singin just for you:rolleyes: Course, you would have to be really late too:D If that counts, Sugar Bear is in:cool:
(throw in a bbq, pig roast, fish fry with frog legs and turtle, a kegger+, even better)

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I my self just took up the guitar a couple of months ago after not playing for over 30 yrs.

·
Registered
28 Posts
drummer

Currently playing the drums (4 years now) but just sold my 72 Telecaster Custom to buy my Vstar 1100 custom. I named the bike Leo (Fender) in honor of the guitar.

·
Registered
821 Posts
This is me playing at a gig in Florida in 2005.

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
This is me playing at a gig in Florida in 2005.

OK, so much for the warm-up. Now let's have a full rendition of "Malaguena"

My son has been building acoustic guitars for Gibson in Bozeman, MT for the last fifteen years...:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
You bet. google "garystuartking" and you'll find 2 CDs I've got out there. But lately (the past year) I've been doing nothing but riding my bike. It's just too much fun for now, but I have another CD on the way in the next year or so. Hope you enjoy.
How bout you?

·
Registered
821 Posts
OK, so much for the warm-up. Now let's have a full rendition of "Malaguena"

My son has been building acoustic guitars for Gibson in Bozeman, MT for the last fifteen years...:)
That sounds like a great job. I'm sure he plays too, right?

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
That sounds like a great job. I'm sure he plays too, right?

He plays; I don't. He has a small collection of Gibson's different models.

Until he went to work there, I had no idea how much those silly things cost. Bottom line model is about $3500 and they push out git-fiddles selling for over $15k per copy. At one point he was the final inspector and had to inspect and play every guitar that came off the line every day before they'd ship.

Like any job, it has its ups and downs. Right now it's down as one of Gibson's major customers is Japan, and nobody over there has the yen to play one right now...:D

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
20 years of makin' sweat love to various guitars. Mostly finger pickin' my own mix of rock/blues/classic on acoustic 6 & 12 strings.

That said...i've spent the last year working away from home without my guitars.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts