Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys im new here, I am looking to see if anyone has a set of mustang hard leather saddle bags on there bike? (650-1100)

if so how do they fit? any tips ? and what type of pipes are you running?

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have the studded hard bags on my 1100 Classic with Cobra slash-cut exhaust system. I made my own mounting brackets for the bags. I have them mounted so that they blend with the fender lines. Mounted like this, with a stock seat, carrying a passenger would be a tight fit for the rear pegs and the bags won't open all the way. These are all easy fixes if you care. I don't ride 2 up and I'm still able to access the bags so I'm happy. If I had to buy another set of bags, I'd get the same ones! Customer support has also been great.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ride 2 up so.... if I mount them a little more to the rear ? I got the two piece mustang wide seat . and my pipes are mid wheel cobra drags.

the main issue is im not rich! lol I live in Alaska and we got crap for a parts inventory up here. so everything I get , I must order online . the shiping is a killer up here . I would love to be able to know this is going to work before I break the bank and order the parts.

thanks guys

1 - 3 of 3 Posts