Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You might be right that Tsukayu is making the bags for Mustang, but the sizes of the present Tsukayu bags are all slightly different than the Mustang bags:

Strong Bags: 25” X 14.5” X 8”

Jumbo Strong: 27” X 15.25” X 10:75

Mustang Covered Hardbags; 26” X 15” X 9"

The Tsukayu site does have some pics of V-Star 1100's with their bags on them, which helps me visualize how any bags this size might look on the bag.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Mustang Covered Hardbags; 26” X 15” X 9"
The "quick release strong" which is what Mustang seems to use is listed as 25x14.5x8.5. Add some thickness from upholstery and allow for some margin of error in measuring and they sound like the same size. They are also the same shape, use the same latches and have the same carpet lining the interior. Same goes for the tour pack/trunk.

I do notice thought that the Mustang has a difference on the inner wall by the fender. The Mustang looks like it come up higher while the Tsukayu bag is straight across. EDIT: Actually, looking at the pics of the Tsukayu bag it looks like it has the same raised section so they don't even have that difference.

But at any rate, as you said Tsukayu has pics of their bags on your model of bike to help you imagine how the Mustang bags would look and that was my point.

I have Tsukayu bags on my Roadliner and have been very happy with them. I figure that those bags with some extra QC and work from Mustang should really be a really nice product.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have the Mustang studded hard bags on my 1100 Classic and love them. I don't understand why everyone is comparing them to someone else's bags, and usually doesn't own either one of them. The bags are great. They're sold and backed by Mustang.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ordered the Mustang Seats Plain Covered Hardbags with Easy Brackets. By all accounts they are a quality bag and I like that they're covered with the same quality material as their seats. Should hold up well.

I just finished installing a Baron's oil relocation kit, Cobra Speedster Longs, & disabling the AIS. Now I'll begin installing the Baron's Big Air Kit w/Jet Kit. My new bags come in this Wednesday/Thursday, so by the weekend I hope to have them installed as well. I'll get come pics up when I'm all done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts