Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a '00 1100 Classic a few months back and it came with a Mustang Daytripper seat. I am not really a fan of the seat as I feel like I need better back support. I was looking at the mustang 2 piece wide vintage with backrest.

I did some searching but I don't seem to be able to find many reviews of this seat. Can anyone give me some feedback for this seat? I am about 5'10" and about 230 lbs.

Also, If I do decide to get this new seat, would I have a hard time unloading the daytripper?

Thanks ya'll

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have the mustang two piece touring seat...I really like it..very comfortable..I"M 5'11"and185 lbs. It has a removable backrest so sometimes i use it..sometimes not..

·
Registered
458 Posts
4 weeks late man. Id have taken that seat off you in a heartbeat a month ago. So Id say you shouldn't have to much of a problem as long as your not asking new prices.

·
Registered
67 Posts
We are about the same size, I'm 5'11" and 230 and I love my Mustang 2 pc seat. Huge improvement over the stocker at least.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We are about the same size, I'm 5'11" and 230 and I love my Mustang 2 pc seat. Huge improvement over the stocker at least.
I have no idea how the stock seat was as mine came with the daytripper. I spoke to Mustang and they informed me that the daytripper does in fact sit you back about an inch from stock where the vintage 2 piece will sit you forward about an inch over stock.

Now I am just waiting on the IRS to give me back my money so I can start spending it on the bike.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Was your one piece day tripper seat more low profile then the stock seat? I can't stand how ridiculously high the passenger sits, like a foot about my head. Would the day tripper seat give us a more level sitting position?

·
Registered
10 Posts
mustang makes great seats!!

I have the two piece vintage seat on my new Vstar 650 Custom. I have lower back issues. this seat gives me great lower back support. I don't have the removable additional back support really don't need it. I get the lower back support I need with just the two piece vintage seat. Easy to install took maybe 15 minutes.:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts