Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Mustang Seats still in business?

2K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  bevo1981 
#1 ·
Been checking Mustang seats website for over a week now and it has been completely shut down.

#3 ·
Damn, is this another sign of the fading cruiser market? They've been around for a long time, I hope it's an owners exit strategy or something like that.

#4 ·
This is what came up for me. Their facebook site is up. It's actually a good time for site maintenance I guess.

#5 ·
This is what came up for me. Their facebook site is up. It's actually a good time for site maintenance I guess.

View attachment 90100

Site maintenance for over 10 days?
Hmmmmmmmm.
If that's the case me thinks they need a new network Admin.

#9 ·
Not sure about Mustang running ads. But when I was looking a few years ago, Dennis Kirk had best price and they do run specials. Plus, they will price match any advertise price. I once found an item cheaper from another retailer, they didn't have it in stock, Dennis Kirk had it in stock and matched price.

Reactions: Redbird58
#12 ·
i called them up last month trying to purchase just the passenger seat for my 950. salesperson says they either don't offer just the passenger seat by itself (lame) or it had been discontinued, but that they might have the parts still to special order it and that she would call me back within a couple days after checking with the warehouse. she never called back. bought an ultimate instead.

#13 ·
@bevo1981 , how is the ultimate passenger seat working out. When I had mine on the 1100 my wife really liked it a lot over the stock one.

Reactions: Keith Post
#15 ·
bounced around town a bit this weekend and she really likes it. she compared the OEM passenger seat to sitting on a board. it sits up substantially higher than the OEM, and is a bit wider and noticeably softer. i thought it was strange that it didn't come with ANY mounting hardware as it expects you to have and use the OEM mounting pieces. for $200, if she's happy, it's well worth the money.

#16 ·
Sounds like it's a keeper. How's the build quality? How does it look on bike. Pictures?

#18 ·
Looks comfortable, comments from girlfriend? Does your girlfriend sit up much higher. My wife commented that at times she would get some helmet wind baffling because she sat up higher than before. She had one helmet that baffled a lot and another one that didn't. She got less baffling with windshield off. But of course I'm so short I didn't block much wind. ? She was good for hours on out Ultimate seat. Last long trip was to other side of San Antonio, 5 hours, and she was good the whole time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.