Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Mustang seats

5K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  BOB Z 
#1 · (Edited)
Put on a Mustang seat a coupla months ago and just did my first big ride with the seat....I dont like it...Could only manage around 2hrs riding time before my arse started hurting....Ride was over 2000ks so plenty hurt now..Back of my thighs are hurting from where they touch the seat...will probally be a week or so before i can actually sit down again....Looks like i will be forking out more money for the Ultimate...Momma didnt have a problem with the passenger seat..:eek::eek:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
.Looks like i will be forking out more money for the Ultimate..
+1000

Best seat investment I ever made. Loved the look of the Mustang Regal I had on my VT1100C, but it was no more comfortable than the OEM:mad:

My Ultimate Mid-rider is the best I've had on any bike. Ever. Period.:D:D:D

#3 ·
sorry to hear that! I'm pissed I didn't get to go down under this last deployment. we WERE going to and we got jipped out of it..now I really want to go even more!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the pictures, looked like a nice trip despite the ass pains.

#4 ·
Corbin over Mustang anyday!...

Had a corbin on my last ride and wished I had put it on way earlier.....my new ride has one as well....found that Mustang was too puffy or pushy (pushed me to far foward in the saddle)

just my 2 cents !

papa D

#6 ·
Love the pics. Stray animals I need that at work. lol

#14 ·
Sun

Yeah Aussie i hear ya i would love to see sunrise over the ocean...seen it out in the middle sun up + down over land was different to what i am used to..Biggest shock was Darwin i couldnt figure out which point of the compass i was facing and i am country born and bred....

#10 ·
Hey Frog,

I have a Corbin on my bike. Very comfortable "in the cold". I say that because these engines are dry sump and the oil tank is under the seat. When it's hot outside, the seat gets hot to the point that the boys are roasting. To somewhat alleviate the problem, I bought one of those wooden bead seat covers, cut it to size and tied it on. It reduced the heat significantly by allowing air flow under me arse. Another plus is that when you ride in the wet, you're not sitting in a puddle of water. You're riding a half inch above it.

Here's a pic...

Fat Strat

#17 ·
seat

Hey Frog,

I have a Corbin on my bike. Very comfortable "in the cold". I say that because these engines are dry sump and the oil tank is under the seat. When it's hot outside, the seat gets hot to the point that the boys are roasting. To somewhat alleviate the problem, I bought one of those wooden bead seat covers, cut it to size and tied it on. It reduced the heat significantly by allowing air flow under me arse. Another plus is that when you ride in the wet, you're not sitting in a puddle of water. You're riding a half inch above it.

Good idea mate..If i can find some i will try it......

#12 ·
Just wondering if any body has used the parts unlimited seat?

#15 ·
I have ridden 450 miles in one day, several times, on a mustang seat with back rest and I have had no problems. I have had herniated disc surgery (L5), 63 years old, 6'2" 290 pds. I don't know the model number, I'll check it out and post it. In fact, if I'm working in the garage or in the yard, and my back starts to hurt, I'll go sit on my bike and lean against the Mustang back rest. It really helps. Never had a Corbin or Ultimate so I can't compare.

#16 ·
I went with ultimates..not happy at all. Causes me to crowd the tank and the no burn ride just isn't there....thinking of going back to stock. JDM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.