Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I received a pair of Thor Blitz LS boots for fathers day

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/67736/i/thor-motocross-blitz-ls-boots

Love my wife for gift, but when I tried them on they felt really stiff, and the toe wrap on the right boot felt like it would create a pressure point on my foot after awhile.

Are these a little overkill for riding around on a cruiser? I know they aren't meant for it but wondering if others ride MX boots for cruising around or if I should exchange them for something a little less safe and a little more comfortable?

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
They look alright for a cruiser to me, especially as they are short boots.

However, the most important thing is that they should fit comfortably, and if they don't, personally I would exchange them for another pair, after saying sorry to my wife first, of course. I guess it is very difficult to buy proper fitting footwear for someone else :).

HTH, kind regards, Wim

P.S.: Personally, I tend to wear high (ankle protection) mountain walking boots, the sturdy types IOW, for many years already - for my strange feet I can never find properly fitting motor boots, and I do try every so often :).

·
Registered
380 Posts
Give them some time to break in. They're gonna be stiff due to the protection features. Nice looking boot.

You want comfort? Just wear flip flops like I saw several guys do this weekend. :-O

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Give them some time to break in. They're gonna be stiff due to the protection features. Nice looking boot.

You want comfort? Just wear flip flops like I saw several guys do this weekend. :-O
Feeling stiff is one thing, but they should feel comfortable.

There is really no such thing as breaking in a boot, or shoe for that matter. If that is a requirement, it means it doesn't fit your feet properly, and it will break the shoe or boot sooner, plus it will likely give you sore feet too. Ask any real shoemaker worth his salt.

Kind regards, Wim

·
Registered
380 Posts
Feeling stiff is one thing, but they should feel comfortable.

There is really no such thing as breaking in a boot, or shoe for that matter. If that is a requirement, it means it doesn't fit your feet properly, and it will break the shoe or boot sooner, plus it will likely give you sore feet too. Ask any real shoemaker worth his salt.

Kind regards, Wim
Mass produced protective boots might need a little wear to determine if comfortable enough. Custom, handmade shoes? Probably not.

Loudsubz - A riding sneaker might be something to consider if you want something you can wear all day. I wear mine to the gym and sometimes to work instead of my heavy boots. A little more protection than the average high top BB shoe.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I would look at it like any other pair of shoes/boots. If they feel comfy keep them, if not exchange them.
If you had picked them up in the store and tried them on, would you have purchased them? If the answer isn't an immediate yes, I suggest return them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts