Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Super Moderator
2008 Yamaha Road Star Silverado (Gray, hard bags, etc.)
1,495 Posts
Reaction score
Welcome from Iowa and another RS rider. I'd be curious to learn more about your tour pack (brand, where you purchased) and the quick disconnect for it. It appears you have a Harley rear wheel in one of your pics. Did you mount that as well or just the front? I enjoy seeing what other folks come up with when building their dreams.

· Super Moderator
2008 Yamaha Road Star Silverado (Gray, hard bags, etc.)
1,495 Posts
Reaction score
Thanks brother! I made the brackets out of 1/4 inch aluminum diamond plate and bolted them up to the factory rear fender supports then just added a couple of bolts with sleeves to make the HD tourpack locks fit mine. The TP is just an chopped amazon cheapo I bought for like 130.00. Rear tire is a stock Roadstar I just painted it and the pulley with spray cans. I will post more pics when I get a chance. Thanks again for your interest.
Thanks for the added info. I like the chopped tour pack as it's not quite as bulky looking to me. Nice work to make the mounts for the quick detach system for the trunk. I had wondered about doing that at the fender to use a Harley sissy bar or trunk (or neither) when the mood strikes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts