Discussion Starter #1

My ride
2008 1900 Stratoliner
V&H + PC III KN Airfilter
Kuryakin Covers on clutch and front brake
Kuryakin footpegs front and back
Mustang seat and Yamaha solo rack
Bags are original strippet from lether and painted
Paint is HOK shimrin Tangerine candy and flames in candy apple red. Total aprox 25 layers of paint and clear coat. Painted by Mr Blues.
Brake and throttle lines in stainless.
Crash bars.
Turn signals and Passing lights modified.
Home made lowers.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
like the color. is that a bow on the windshield?
Hi
I'm not sure of what you mean? The widshiled is modifyed by changing the angle so the top it is turned more back towards the driver. I have done that by setting longer screews at the bottom and middle of the brackets.
An other mod is that I set a thin aluminium bar on the top bolts to hold the tool bag.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi
Now I see what you mean. This is just part of the original windshield. The picture from the front show what it is.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Sweet Ride!

I have to ask, how difficult was it to remove the leather from the bags and get them prepaired for paint? I havent seen that done before and it might be a better alternative to spending a ton on a set of Corbins (as I am a tight a$$).

Anyway, fantastic looking scooter.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sweet Ride!

I have to ask, how difficult was it to remove the leather from the bags and get them prepaired for paint? I havent seen that done before and it might be a better alternative to spending a ton on a set of Corbins (as I am a tight a$$).

Anyway, fantastic looking scooter.
Hi
Regarding the bags. Removing the lether is easy. You need a sharp knife to take away the sewing stich around the top of the bag. A small screew driver to remove the staples under the bag. It will be done in half an hour. To prepare them for painting is nothing I have done myself. I left that to my painter. Most of the work I think he spent with preparing with filler, primer and sandig to get a good quality to paint on. I put House Of Kolor paint on them. The colour is shimrin tangerine candy and the flames are in candy apple red. Bottom colour is gold metallic. In total thre is between 20 and 30 layers of colour and clear coat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts