Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! My name is Julie and earlier today I rode my brand spanking new 2014 V Star 950T home! It was a nice 30 miles from the dealer through mostly back roads to my house. :)

Ill be reading more about swapping out the air intake and maybe doing something with the pipes.....although I kinda like the quiet of the stock motorcycle. But I have alot to learn!

I look forward to learning many tips and tricks from the people here!

Julie

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,300 Posts
Hi Julie, welcome to the forum, and the 950t. I own an 09' and love everything about it. We have several members that ride them. Ask all the questions you want, we are here to help. Ive upgraded the exhaust, added aftermarket air filter kit, and installed a fuel processor. Those upgrades really woke mine up! Ride safe and post often. Thanks for includung a pic with your intro.

·
Registered
318 Posts
You passed the first test with flying colors Julie. (You posted a picture of that sweet ride). Welcome, and ask all the questions you have. There are many here who are more than willing to help.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Welcome to the forum eh. Like the others said, great looking ride. You can expect to receive an email from Bevo with the history lesson of the 950. A few weeks later he'll send the exam that you have to pass so that you can ask questions about anything you want ;). Tell us a bit more about yourself, where you ride, what is your favorite place to ride and how do you prepare your sum yun meow soup.

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you everyone! I started riding a year ago after taking the MSF course. I bought a 1986 Honda Rebel to learn on. I rode it until oneday in the middle of a 50 mile roundtrip that i normally ride for enjoyment I realised that the bike was too small and too cramped and that I needed to upgrade. At that point I had put approx 1500 miles on the bike in one calendar year....and I live in upsate New York. I sold that bike last week for exactly the same amount I had paid for it a year ago! I had been doing research for a few days after seeing a 2012 V Star 1300 in a local dealer. I sat on that bike and fell in love. I ended up choosing the 2014 950T due to the lack of 1300T (any year with 0 miles) in my area and that said 2012 with 1668 miles overpriced by the dealer. I do not regret my decision for the 950T. It is the perfect bike for me at this point in my riding career with my level of experience. I have already posted a list of questions that i have in V Star forum.

Thanks again everyone for the welcome! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts