Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

121 - 130 of 130 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
11,088 Posts
I'm really liking that. Well thought out theme.

·
11,088 Posts
How's the reassemble going? Any other road blocks? Or just time to get it done?

·
Administrator
15,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
i can't figure out the wiring of this custom dynamics license plate frame and xarc turn signals. pretty sure the signals are defective, and i can't figure out how to get the license frame to flash the lights that are supposed to flash but keep the stationary lights from flashing as well. it's kind of maddening. and wish i would have sorted this out months ago instead of waiting until now, but i figured everything should just work the way it's supposed to and be a simple plug n play. will call up the turn signal guys and see what they say...

last major piece i'm waiting on is my tank which could be done any day. he initially quoted me 2-3 weeks and that was nearly 6 weeks ago, so.........
and i found another guy to re-do my custom grips as the previous guy just jerked me around for 2 months without actually doing a thing. starting with the beginning of the art work for these grips, it's been about 6 months and counting to get these done. ridiculous.

·
11,088 Posts
It's a bummer when new plug and play doesn't work. But sounds like you are wrapping things up well.

Reactions: Boog

·
Administrator
15,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
still working on the taillight wiring as i've documented in the electrical thread on this site. relays should come in on friday that i'll try.
tank is still with the painter another 2 weeks after he said he'd be done. he's now had my tank for over 7 weeks with an original estimate of 2-3 weeks which is about what i expected would happen as this is now par for the course with this bike project. but here's a little update on the progress of that:

wrapped my exhaust with DEI black titanium thermal wrap. probably not needed since the heat shields are ceramic coated and i've had the cat removed, but i'd rather overdo it than underdo it. i want the lowest heat possible riding in 100 degree Austin summers in bumper to bumper traffic. i used a 2" x 50' foot roll and show how much roll is left in the pic in case anyone is wondering how much to use if they decide to wrap their exhaust.

·
11,088 Posts
Looking good. The copper is going to be an eye catcher.

·
Administrator
15,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
installed a $10 USB charging port and positioned the in-line fuse holder nearby in case i ever need to get to that. ran the wiring under this plastic cover that is protecting all the wiring leading up to the front of the bike and found that Indian has an empty hot connector right under the seat for an accessory. perfect for me since i used up both the accessory plugs that were available near the headlight for my auxiliary lights. i did cut off the factory connector and use one of my own. don't know why i didn't get a photo of this lit up, but it's backlit with blue light (different colors available when ordering) when it's on. and the button on the right is capacitive so you just touch it to turn it off if you want.

121 - 130 of 130 Posts