Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
It turns over, but no fire. I have gas in tank. Any ideas as to what to try?
Well, I don't know, but start down the ol basic checklist: check, plugs, wires, all connections from the battery forward ect, what does your husband say about it, can he help?:D( Sorry, that was an assume thing) Gas don't mean nothin if you got no fire. What bike are you runnin??

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Won't start

Cyclemama,

Lots of possibility's here. Wonder if the bike has been in storage and trying to start for the first time this year. We hear lots of trouble every spring. Mostly related to fuel.

I assume you have checked the gas valve is in the run position and fresh gas in the tank. The kill switch is in the run position, and the stand is up or you are in neutral. On most new bikes the starter will not work in this case but just in case.

Is the battery fully charged? If the battery is a little low sometimes the ignition will not fire even if it does crank over. If you are this far then you must decide if the problem is fuel or spark. Do you smell a little gas after trying to start the bike. There are some fuses be sure none are blown.

May be hard to solve this without hands on, but let us know what kind of bike and any info you can.

Dave

·
Registered
211 Posts
Need to know what bike it is!!
And a bit more detail too, i.e. was the bike laid up for a while, has it been slow to start recently etc etc.
Don't freak out yet but if it's a 99 to 2002 v star 1100, it could well be the starter clutch is gone and not engaging (hence it turns over but doesnt start)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts