Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
2007 V Star 650 Silverado
48 Posts
Wait, hold up, back up a second...did that gas station sign say 6.13?? DOLLARS?!? Man, I heard something about prices being higher in CA but I didn't expect it would be over 200% the most expensive gas in my area...

Other than that horrifying figure looks like an incredible trip! Thanks for bringing us along

·
Premium Member
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring,
2,492 Posts
there were only a few of those signs on the roads i was on. and none on stretches that were less than 70 miles between gas stations.
If you modify that Chief any more, maybe add a trailer hitch and get one of these...
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
12,126 Posts
@bevo1981, now that you have had a few days back to reflect on your trip, anything you would change? Example, would you want to pack more stuff or less? Don't know what time you hit the road each day, but would you possibly leave earlier or later? How about stopping time each day? How about distance traveled daily, good or would going a tad more or less less better? How about eating, what would you change?

Reactions: Boog

·
Administrator
15,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
the main thing i'd probably change is i'd like to have someone with me. but as i stated before, i did and that fell through. but if i had someone with me, i definitely wouldn't have been able to do the same trip for several factors. other than that, there's probably not much i would change. i was able to leave each day shortly after sunrise to maximize day-time riding and arrived at my destination just as the sun was setting. i debated whether or not i should have left later in the month, but the heat on some days didn't bother me as much as the early morning cold so i think i pretty much hit the sweat spot. part of me wants to say that i wish i had gotten off the bike more to actually visit certain locations, but that would have elongated the trip and meant less mileage traveled each day. and my goal was pretty much to see as much as i can on the bike rather than doing the tourist thing. i probably didn't do the type of trip that most others would do, but i did the type of trip that i wanted and wouldn't change anything major if i had to do it again.

·
Premium Member
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring,
2,492 Posts
I guess that means you didn't have the Indian taco after all...

81 - 86 of 86 Posts