Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last Yamaha I owned was a 2 stroke 125 in 1963. I loved that bike and beat it for 3 years until I went to Viet Nam. I've been through motorcycles and scooters. I've finally figured out how I really ride as opposed to how I might wish to ride and have compiled a long list of "don't want" and "don't needs" such as:

Tupperware. What a pain.

Windscreens fixed or electric. I already wear glasses.

Bags and boxes on the bike. If I can't haul it in my messenger bag, I don't need it.

Liquid cooling. One more "system" to maintain. Did B-17's have liquid cooling?

Heavy. Especially high up heavy on "sport touring bikes".

Huge displacement. Lawrence of Arabia killed himself on a 998cc Brough Superior. That's enough.

Chains. A pain to lubricate and sprockets go too.

Shaft drive. Nice concept until you change tires.

Chrome, metal-flake, flames, airburshed deamons etc. I wear jeans and T-shirts. I'm plain, plain is fine for my next bike.

Long wheel base. I had one just over 71" that rode smooth but try a U-turn on a narrow street.

So my AMA mag arrives and there is an ad for the Star Bolt. Hmmm.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My reading of the post is no bike since 1963 but he likes the features of the new Yamaha Bolt.

I hope you rush out and get one of the first, then tell us all about it!

Welcome to the gang.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
My previous ride was a Honda Fury. Health issues put me off it and I went scooter with a Burgman 650. Prior to the Fury was an ST1300 which I almost never used for its intended purpose. Health issues resolved so I'm looking for another "real motorcycle" but I'm keeping my Honda SH150 scooter because it's just too useful.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Like the logical and thorough thinking of Baysidebob and anybody that spent time in Viet Nam and returned with a sense of humour deserves any bike he may want.
Good luck my friend.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I rode home a white Bolt this afternoon. So far, so good but certainly not enough to offer an opinion. Weather permitting, I'll take her out tomorrow for a shake-down.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Well welcome and I hope you enjoy the bolt. If for some reason you don't please feel free to send it to me. I would be wiling to let you pay for it while I ride it :)..
Glad your health is in order and glad your not putting ugly Tupperware that never closes corrects on the bike.. That veggie platter would look weird in place of saddle bags..

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Why put off until tomorrow what you could take pictures of today? What kind of meanspirited guy are you? *muttering*

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome aboard :) I just investigated the new Bolt online. Nice looking bike. Congratulations :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts