53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll add my entry since i was so nicely invited by Bevo

Year: 2014
Make/Model: V-Star Touring
Eng size: 950
Modifications: Parked in my garage
Accessories: md_ride_rick
Length of time to build: hmmm, well it was uncrated May 21st.

And the story/inspiration/additional comments: I've not had a bike for many years, (1987). With 1 wife, 1 ex-wife, 6 kids and 12 grandkids my money and time has pretty much been all counted for. Every once in a while i look at what is available and how much it is running. This time when my wife saw me looking she told me I should get one, it was time for me to get something for me. So I picked it up the following Saturday. I want to get the passing lamps and roll bars added. Will probably do the drill job on the airbox but not sure about the exhaust.

So without further ado, the 2014 V-Star 950 Touring (cheeers)

star-front-web.jpg

Star-950-touring-left-web.jpg

star-950-touring-right-web.jpg

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Nice scoot! And congrats on getting back in the saddle. The 950s are great.

Just got back from my yearly trip to MD last week. My brother and I rode the western loop starting in Rockville, up to Westminster, over to Thurmont, and down to Frederick, where we cut the loop short and took 70 back. By the time we got home was still like a 12 hour trip! Lots of quiet farm country out that way.

Enjoy the new bike!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Hey t84a, where is Twigg Cycles? I know, I can google it, but then I wouldn't be starting a conversation.. lol

·
Registered
491 Posts
Hagerstown
Dang.. As much as I would love to come hang out, that's a 2.5 hour drive.. Maybe I'll schedule a day off in July to come up and drag the wife and little monsters behind me. We shall see.. Thanks for the info!

eGo

·
Registered
491 Posts
Either of you been to the bike night at Motorcycle Riders Co. (http://www.motoridersco.com/) at 1099 Annapolis Rd Odenton, MD 21113.
I haven't been to any motorcycle events yet. But I'm game for finding one that agrees with my schedule and attending. Annapolis isn't too bad of a ride, just straight up 2/4 for me. About an hour. Easy enough for me to get away for 3-4 hours. I wish there was a bike night somewhere in Calvert/St. Mary's. I think more searching is in order..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts