Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For uses that have read what i was up. i started out by trading in my 05 VFR 800 on 2 Vstars a 2010 650 custom and a 2010 1100 custom then almost changed my mind and went wit a blacked out 09 1100 so save some $$$ but all this time i've been worried about being bored on a 1100 coming from the vfr i was back into the dealer where i had made this deal on the 2 bikes and i found a brandnew 2007 left over ROADLINER and feel in love with it sooo we wrote up the new deal i and now a roadliner owner and my girlfriend stays with the vstar 650

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
now i'm trying to decide between hardbags with the leather wrap or the hardbags that are painted to match the bike

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Get the Hardbags to match the bike. Then you can chrome them too.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Get the Hardbags to match the bike. Then you can chrome them too.
Chrome? Why? I agree though, hard bags are less likely to leak also. This coming from someone that has the V-star leather saddlebags to replace hard bags that were too small. The hard bags were aftermarket though.

Congratulation on the bike, sounds like you got quite a deal.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Bags

I have the Stratoliner leather over hard bags. While they are good bags I do think hard bags are easer to take of, and look better after a few years.

Dave

·
Registered
93 Posts
Most people over time prefer the painted bags. I have the Roadstar "S" on my v-star 1300 and really like them.

·
Administrator
13,674 Posts
my bags are entirely function only. i only put them on when i'm going on a trip or know i have to carry something somewhere. i went for the cheapest and biggest i could find and they have worked out great so far. if i wanted them to stay on when not needed, then i would have gone for some nice looking ones and spent mucho mas dinero. mine are from First Gear:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts