Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well,

I've gotten a little more seat time for a newb. Decided to take my GF for a ride on my 1100, so we hit the blue ridge parkway to Craggy Gardens. It was about 75-80 in the valley in Asheville. By the time we got to Craggy (around 5,000 feet) it was quite cool. Anyway, this was my first 2 up experience and it was easier than I thought it would be. Luckily my GF is petite so did not change the handling of the bike much if any that I could notice.

·
Registered
440 Posts
She's GORGEOUS! And the girlfriend isn't too shabby either hehe. ;)
Beautiful scenery.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
man I wish I could get down that way sometime!! I may never go home though

I also see you are a little fanatical about the fuel shut off :p

I camped out at Mt Mitchel over the weekend. Tallest point east of the Mississippi at nearly 6,800 feet. Was awesome camping, and I got to tell you I did not want to go home.

·
Registered
94 Posts
First 2up ride on Blue Ridge Parkway

Before I moved to Carolina, I lived in central Virginia, not far from the Parkway. Never did a 2up ride but always enjoyed the ride on the BRP regardless of the distance traveled.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was just in Asheville a couple of weeks ago. I wished I had my bike with me. I would gladly ride from Ohio to Asheville, but I don't think the wife would. We had great weather the whole time we were there except for constant rain all the way back to Ohio. I wouldn't have wanted to be on a bike on those wet roads in the mountains. But we did see many bikers braving it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was just in Asheville a couple of weeks ago. I wished I had my bike with me. I would gladly ride from Ohio to Asheville, but I don't think the wife would. We had great weather the whole time we were there except for constant rain all the way back to Ohio. I wouldn't have wanted to be on a bike on those wet roads in the mountains. But we did see many bikers braving it.
Met a couple last year on the BRP that had traveled 2 up from Ohio to western NC. In fact, it was raining when we met them. They said they wore their frog togs along the way and really enjoyed the ride. Get your wife some good foul weather gear and ride on down this way.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I was just down there 25-27 May for the Rally To Ridgecrest at Ridgecrest. Did the Cherahala, Dragon and BRP and Mt. Mitchell and all kinds of other touring. 2nd year in a row and already planning on next year. Every road is beautiful down there!

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Got a great lookin ride there, both of them:D I rode the Blue Ridge a couple times, one beautiful place to be! I recommend all riders who have not made that ride, put it on your bucket list:cool:

Have fun, Ride Safe:cool:
(start on Skyline, or finish there, either way, one super fine ride)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts