Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
Custom Road star 1600 WIP. Cholo
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, as i said in my introduction i will share my bikes transformation with you guys!
When i bought it, it was.. horrible i must say.
But i got a good price, and i didn't want a stock bike either, so :)
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

This is what it looked like. Electrical wires all over, taped sissy, bad mounted batwing, horrible fenders and the bags.. wtf?
First day in the garage i removed 25(!!) skulls and left it like this..
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

I had absolutley no experience in painting, but i had to do someting. So i got myself som good quality rattle cans and some striping tape.
I'm not gonna go thru and show all the process it will take to much time..
Went on and got a used stock rear fender and a new Harley FL front fender, witch i had to modify of course.
Took away the footpegs and bought some stock floorboard.
Of course i had to have a fatbar apehanger, witch is 16" high, because my friend had one so i got a decent price.
Crashbars in front and rear comes of a Harley as well, because most people i know ride Harleys and i like to get stuff for a good price ;P

Of course this is not everything but a short version at least.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Sky
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire

And currently i'm building my own true dual exhaust system, not done yet but i´ll give you a picture of that anyways :)

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle handlebar Automotive tire

Please leave your feedback, good and bad.
As i said it's my first build, and i'm learning by doing :)

Take care!

·
Registered
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, 1982 XS650 Heritage Special
3,473 Posts
WOW! That looks great. That paint job from a rattle can works better for you than me. I love the design. Is that hand painted or something else?

Reactions: Keith Post

·
Premium Member
2008 Yamaha Road Star Silverado (Gray, hard bags, etc.)
1,112 Posts
Looks very interesting. I love those big azz sideburner pipes! Likely too loud to ride for any length of time but they look cool as hell in my opinion. Will be interested to hear how your custom exhaust goes. Looks like they're going to be pretty low like the Bassani kits. Will that interfere (drag) in cornering? I also trailer some so would be concerned about running them into the ground while going up and down a ramp.

I too would like to hear more about the design and paint. Maybe a few pics closer showing a few details of your mods as well.

Nice work!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you guys!
The forward controls are allready sold, sorry.
About the sideburner exhaust,i’ve not made up my mind yet, to sell or to keep for other projects.
The new exhaust is pretty low yes, but thats the way it’s gotta be hehe, would not look good to have them higher.
Before my rear crash bars where somewhere around that hight, and yeah they did scrape sometimes in really mean curves, if i took them to fast. Ramps? Don’t know why i should have to take that in concideration? Hehe, it’s no trailer queen :)
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Automotive design

Automotive fuel system Fuel tank Vehicle Wheel Tire

Tire Wheel Motorcycle Vehicle Fuel tank

Cap Helmet Hat Sports gear Sleeve

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Bumper

Here is some detail pics :)
The paintjob yeah.. it’s expensive spray cans, special ordered with a 1995 BMW colour (the green/blue-ish). The pattern is simply lace fabric, old custom trick :)
And on top like 3-4 layers of Auto K’s 2K vlear coat in can as well.

And yeah, i’ll give you a picture of my matching helmet to! 😎
(Excuse my english, it’s not my top subject)

·
Registered
2003 Yamaha Road Star Silverado Silver edition
24 Posts
Thank you guys!
The forward controls are allready sold, sorry.
About the sideburner exhaust,i’ve not made up my mind yet, to sell or to keep for other projects.
The new exhaust is pretty low yes, but thats the way it’s gotta be hehe, would not look good to have them higher.
Before my rear crash bars where somewhere around that hight, and yeah they did scrape sometimes in really mean curves, if i took them to fast. Ramps? Don’t know why i should have to take that in concideration? Hehe, it’s no trailer queen :) View attachment 113709
View attachment 113707
View attachment 113706
View attachment 113705
View attachment 113704
View attachment 113703

Here is some detail pics :)
The paintjob yeah.. it’s expensive spray cans, special ordered with a 1995 BMW colour (the green/blue-ish). The pattern is simply lace fabric, old custom trick :)
And on top like 3-4 layers of Auto K’s 2K vlear coat in can as well.

And yeah, i’ll give you a picture of my matching helmet to! 😎
(Excuse my english, it’s not my top subject)
Do you know what brand the forward controls were? I've been searching for some and can't find any.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So, as i said in my introduction i will share my bikes transformation with you guys!
View attachment 113698

This is what it looked like. Electrical wires all over, taped sissy, bad mounted batwing, horrible fenders and the bags.. wtf?
View attachment 113699

I had absolutley no experience in painting, but i had to do someting. So i got myself som good quality rattle cans and some striping tape.
Went on and got a used stock rear fender and a new Harley FL front fender, witch i had to modify of course.
Of course i had to have a fatbar apehanger, witch is 16" high, because my friend had one so i got a decent price.
Crashbars in front and rear comes of a Harley as well, because most people i know ride Harleys and i like to get stuff for a good price ;P

View attachment 113700 View attachment 113701

And currently i'm building my own true dual exhaust system, not done yet but i´ll give you a picture of that anyways :)

View attachment 113702

Take care!
Very cool build, turned out awesome, love the color scheme/paint.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks alot guys! It’s really fun to hear! 😁
Yeah for first time and all ”freehand” lining im satisfyed with the pattern 😊

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yesterday i was supposed to build some exhaust brackes, but i did not have enough material at home. But.. my side panels did of course not fit anymore because of my new built exhaust.. so i sacrificed an old shelf and tried to make a new one.. not anywhere vlose to done, but i think that it can turn out pretty good 😁
Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow, thanks alot! Currently im making axhaust brackets, the side panels and.. yesterday i startet to think that, buy fishtails..? Naah, i think i can do them myself 🤪
Soo thats another part of project added to the list 😁
And here’s another picture from last weekend, just becauste you guys seems to like it 😁
Tire Wheel Bicycle Bicycle tire Crankset

·
Premium Member
2014 statoliner deluxe
193 Posts
View attachment 113698

View attachment 113699

View attachment 113700 View attachment 113701

View attachment 113702

Take care!
All I can say is WOW 👌 first build done right ✅️ old school and looks great 👍

1 - 20 of 68 Posts