Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm one of those lucky men who's wife urged me to buy a motorcycle. She wanted me to have something big enough to haul her around.

I ended up getting a 2008 V-Star 1100 two weeks ago. It came with backrest, windshield, and highway bars from the previous owner. I added some luggage. The stock seat wasn't great for our (wide) butts. I installed a Mustang seat yesterday. The one ride on that so far was a definite improvement.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Congrats on the bike and Mustang seat. Glad you found the forum. Hope you can get lots of comfortable mules put on this season! Keep us posted.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,086 Posts
Welcome to the forum B&B's, nice intro and a pic to boot. I agree you are a lucky guy, and I love my mustang seat as well. Glad you joined us and ride safely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,621 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas. Ride often and safe.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Welcome from Eastern Canada. Nice bike and I gotta say I'm a little jealous of the seats. Picked up an 1100 myself so the wife and I could ride without bogging down on hills. I'm happy with the power for two up riding but as you discovered, the stock seats leave a lot to be desired. Mustangs aren't in the budget but I may try my hand at modifying mine (if I can ever park it long enough!)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Congrats for your new bike.
I have a good relationship with my wife and I feel like I am very lucky one, because I am able to express all my feeling in various situations. Last month we were celebrating our 10th anniversary and she had gifted me a Honda Rebel 300. She had hired the door to door auto transport Palm Springs services to transport my new bike. After shipping, my new Honda Rebel 300 had experienced me the same type of quality I had felt like driving a high-end luxury bike.

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Congrats to you for the new bike. Sounds like you have an AWESOME lady there. I am one of the lucky ones as well as my wife took the Motorcycle Safety Course with me to get her MC licence as well. We have 2 bikes and are looking for a third maybe a fourth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts