Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this is the first bike i have ever owned. Its a 03 yamaha v star 1100. I bought it black, got it home and had it in my garage for 5 minutes and i started taking it apart. It was black for about 2 hours then i had it all sanded down and in primer that night. Within the first week i had it home it had new lambo orange paint with white pearlghost flames. I did all the work myself on it that you can see here. I put around 6000 miles on it last year (which i think is pretty good considering this was my first year riding) which included a trip to sturgis. Once winter hit i had it tore back apart and had a friend of mine pinstripe it (im no were near staedy enough but cant airbrush decent). Now she is back together again with a whole bunch of new chrome peieces ready for the mn summer. Ill post new pictures soon but need the weather here to cooperate lol. I love this site! finally a place were i wont get heckled for having a "JAP" bike by all the harley riders

Attachments

·
Registered
545 Posts
Not sure why you would want to slow your bike down like that: everyone knows black is fastest.

Oh well.....your call.

Welcome aboard.....

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome to the forum.Nice paint love the "Pictures".If you've been reading you will know what that meant. lol.We here are all about the heckling.We heckle the hd guys lol.Ride safe and keep the shiny side up.Oh nice pics.

·
Administrator
13,658 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Nice bike spider! Welcome to our bored, where we live to heckel! (helps cure the bored-om!)

6k is a great season! I know folks that don't get that in 5 years!

Too bad on the color change. How much did that slow you down? Like paddy says, black is the fastest color!

Glad you and your jap bike found us! Stick around and share some stories with us.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hahaha thanks for the welcomes and compliments. I like black to but i cant have the same color bike as someone else in the group that i ride with. Ill have to get my dad on here someday too. He has a 1300 that is completely decked out from front to rear. I dont think they make anymore parts for his bike to add on haha

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
love this site! finally a place were i wont get heckled for having a "JAP" bike by all the harley riders
Welcome:D Be right proud! The Hardly folks are just green with envy and can't admit maybe they could have done better:eek::)

Have fun with your great ride, and for sure: Ride Safe:cool:
(might help to stay off the Hardly sites:rolleyes:)

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome from where ever i may be:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts