Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is Leon and after a few years not on this forum I introduced myself again on this forum. Topic, "Not new, I'm back".
I introduced my bike during the Bike Off The Month in January 2016 with some pictures. They were on a Picasa web-album. This album service is stopped an a lot of the pictures are moved, so the links doesn't work any more.
Now there are new, very beautiful pictures available. Made by a professional photographer from Big Twin magazine. I placed them in a Google web album, so everyone can see them.
https://photos.google.com/u/0/share/AF1QipNQrUoq7wV-xPfIizyc4hunoUKvw_ItZfm_RAKeMKK1XpiQCWx0ZYJK_GpD1jvI5g?key=ODluT0VnSXF3WkU3eHVtbUQ0Ukl4Q0szSUJhY2h3
I love this bike and find the pictures worth to share.

Here is one of them, enjoy to watch the others.

·
2,502 Posts
Beautifully done. You're a true artist, Leon.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Hello, my name is Leon and after a few years not on this forum I introduced myself again on this forum. Topic, "Not new, I'm back".
I introduced my bike during the Bike Off The Month in January 2016 with some pictures. They were on a Picasa web-album. This album service is stopped an a lot of the pictures are moved, so the links doesn't work any more.
Now there are new, very beautiful pictures available. Made by a professional photographer from Big Twin magazine. I placed them in a Google web album, so everyone can see them.
https://photos.google.com/u/0/share/AF1QipNQrUoq7wV-xPfIizyc4hunoUKvw_ItZfm_RAKeMKK1XpiQCWx0ZYJK_GpD1jvI5g?key=ODluT0VnSXF3WkU3eHVtbUQ0Ukl4Q0szSUJhY2h3
I love this bike and find the pictures worth to share.

Here is one of them, enjoy to watch the others.
i like the way the rear axle is attached to the swing arm, that had to take quite some time to get it right

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
That was not so hard.

I welded a piece of massive steel, 1/2 " thick into the tubing of the swingarm. On the picture there is a temporary axle. The final axle has tread inside and is mounted with low profile bolts. Made two tensioners that fit on the axle to align the wheel and belt tension.
Then I took a piece of stainless pipe with the same diameter. Made some room for the axle and build the blinkers inside. This fits over the axle bolts and the tensioners.

A small bolt to fasten it all.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I can assure you there is room enough to over tension the belt and remove the belt if needed. The measurements are exactly the same as original, but not on every photo good to see.
Here is another picture that's give.s a better view.

And the complete swingarm at the painter.

And so it looks from above, wheel hub, spacer, brake calliper bracket, spacer and inside the axle cover/rear blinker the tensioner.

To get to the tensioner I remove a small bolt at the underside of the blinker, slide the tube of the swingarm, loosen the connector and that's all there is.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I can assure you there is room enough to over tension the belt and remove the belt if needed. The measurements are exactly the same as original, but not on every photo good to see.
Here is another picture that's give.s a better view.

And the complete swingarm at the painter.

And so it looks from above, wheel hub, spacer, brake calliper bracket, spacer and inside the axle cover/rear blinker the tensioner.

To get to the tensioner I remove a small bolt at the underside of the blinker, slide the tube of the swingarm, loosen the connector and that's all there is.
much better image, i didn't realize the slot was that long, i really like the stealthy way it was done

1 - 8 of 8 Posts