Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i need to balance my carbs and i saw alot of these on line thought i would share it with the group.

Things you need
- 2 vitamin water or ice tea bottles with caps
- 7ft of 1/4 clear tubing
- 1/4 drillbit
- hot glue gun

-Drill two 1/4 holes in each lid
- glue the two bottles together make sure they are on a level surface
- fill one bottle almost full add a bit of food coloring to it
- cut 1 foot of of the tubing, put each end of the one foot of tubing in one hole in each bottle so that it is about a 1/4 inch from the bottom of each bottle
-cut the rest of the tubing in half so you have two peices that are 3ft long, put one tube into each bottle about a 1/2 inch in.
- now glue around the hoses on the lid

Now you connect the tubes to the carbs let the bike warm up and adjust untill the water in each bottle is the same.

·
Registered
421 Posts
All you really need is the clear tubing. Put some engine or gear oil in it to fill it about a third full. Then connect the ends to the vacuum test ports and let it hang down. Adjust until the oil is equally high in both legs of the tube. Oil works better than water, because it is more viscous. You will find, since the vacuum pulsates with the intake strokes, that the oil jumps around and you will have to sort of take an average.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here is my home made "manometer". Use 5/16" o/d clear tubing which is 3/16" I/d and it slips right onto the manifold ports. It is filled with 5-30 wt. motor oil.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts