Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im on my phn with limited internet so ill post an explanation later. For now... im in desperate need of an ignition/key setup. Title says it all. Would love to have all my locks match but right now I just need the damn thing to run. I can hotwire it easy enough but then of course anyone could ride off on it. Hate to take that chance.

Can anyone help???

·
Registered
894 Posts
If you need a lift that's one thing, but I don't have anything to tow your bike with.

·
Registered
894 Posts
If you've only lost the keys then get new ones. Call a locksmith. The number is on the ignition module if you don't have the code that came with the keys. Your gas cap may even have the number if its still uses the same key as the ignition.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Of course it just dawned on me that the gas cap thing won't matter if you don't have a key to get to the number. D'uh. But you should be good with the ignition. The link blueroadstar posted shows the removal.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome!! And I already have an original blank too... just didnt get time to get it made. Awesome news!

·
Registered
44 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice! Thanks again guys!

Made it to Fort Worth yesterday. Actually in Burleson.

About to head out to the trailer and unload the girl and get that ignition pulled off. I'll keep you posted. Weather is amazing here right now so I'm hoping to be ready to go any minute now!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Well you lucked out because Galesburg is getting pounded and all along the river are tornado watches.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got my new key today!

Cost me $40. No numbers on ignition/cylinder.... he had to make a new key by pulling open tumbler and counting cuts/depths. But we wrote the number on the back of the ignition for any future issues.

Runs great. Going to get up early and fix the damage from the long haul here in the trailer. Then off for a ride. Yamaha dealer less than a mile from here too. Should be fun!

·
Registered
794 Posts
'Gratz on the relatively easy fix! :D Now go out and ride!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts