1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
549 Posts
Nice article. I've owned four Mustangs over the years - 76 Mach I in college (4 spd), 85 5.0 GT (5 spd, last of the 4-barrells, I recall) when I got my first job, 88 5.0 GT (5 spd), and 98 4.6L GT (5 spd).

Then I was relocated to CT and bought an AWD 2003 Mitsubishi Evo 8 before my second winter in central CT. If Ford made a Mustang with AWD, would've bought that instead (but love the Evo).

·
Super Moderator
4,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My grandson who just turned 18 and is set to inherit my mustang one of these day, hopefully not anytime soon, asked for some history on the Mustang. I had forgotten about a lot of the pictures I have. Here's another one from a few years ago. I'm just one of the little guys at the track, but check out rear slick all wrinkled up.

·
Super Moderator
4,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice article. I've owned four Mustangs over the years - 76 Mach I in college (4 spd), 85 5.0 GT (5 spd, last of the 4-barrells, I recall) when I got my first job, 88 5.0 GT (5 spd), and 98 4.6L GT (5 spd).

Then I was relocated to CT and bought an AWD 2003 Mitsubishi Evo 8 before my second winter in central CT. If Ford made a Mustang with AWD, would've bought that instead (but love the Evo).
I always liked the fox body mustangs. You know they are making a come back in popularity, at least down this way.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Love mustangs. Restored a '68 coupe for my first car when I was 15. Now I have a 05' GT convertable

·
Registered
5,380 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is my brothers and my Mustang.. Well the fast one.. we got 3 between us.click
Cool video. Was a change of underwear nessecery after the run?

·
Super Moderator
4,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can relate on the bracket racing, been doing it for years. My 65 is very consistent. On most days it's within a few hundreds every run, automatic transmission helps a lot. The car does it's thing very good, it's the loose nut behind the wheel that normally messes up, red light or asleep.😂

·
Super Moderator
4,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Seems like we have a few drag racers here. Wish we lived closer for a race among us. We could have two classes. One for our cage and another one for our bikes. Here's a time slip, .060 light on 11.90 dial, in the 1/4 mile. May be slow to some but fun for me. NGM, was that 1/8th mile? I learned on 1/8th mile. I learned though out the years that 1/8th is harder as things happen quicker..

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Yes that was 1/8 mile. Seems to be what brackets are going to. It is harder because you do not have the time to judge the car coming up on you. I ran faster than the 9.21 I just hit it right on on that pass. I broke out lifting with the same dial in and ran a 9.14. So I know that is an 8 sec truck with the right air.

·
Super Moderator
4,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Around here in most foot brake, none electronic class, I do a of the chasing. I like chasing better as sometimes you get lucky and the other driver red lights. But at times its hard sitting there when you know the other driver cut a good light. I'm lucky enough to have 3 tracks within an hour drive that runs some kind of bracket racing almost every weekend. I like you are in a Ford.

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Around here in most foot brake, none electronic class, I do a of the chasing. I like chasing better as sometimes you get lucky and the other driver red lights. But at times its hard sitting there when you know the other driver cut a good light. I'm lucky enough to have 3 tracks within an hour drive that runs some kind of bracket racing almost every weekend. I like you are in a Ford.
Hell yea, that was actually a Ford only event.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Cool time slip - pretty close to what our old rustand runs.

We used to be predominantly 1/4 mile all around here - but recently been doing a lot of 1/8 mile stuff.
I like certain parts of both of them, it really don't mater to be pick the distance grab a dial and lets go. I just like racing slow or fast it fun. I've dial anywhere from a 7.80s to 19.0s (1/4 mile) and had fun in them all. That is what I like about brackets take whatever you have and run it, and enjoy it.

My son does most of the racing anymore here - I tell everyone he's the "driver" I'm the test dumby.
Had two kids spent 9 years in Junior dragsters now one son and i still run our mustang, he prefers footbraking (I hate it- love Box racing myself) but there is lots of foot braking classes and that's what he likes so it works out that way.

·
Registered
16 Posts
how fast are you if your chasing most of the time??

1 - 20 of 41 Posts