Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Hello! I just bought a 2014 950. I'm so excited. I've been looking for a while for an upgrade from my Shadow 750, but it's been difficult finding a bike for my 26" inseam. Found the V-Star 950 and I'm in love!
Honestly, that's a terrible picture...

Beautiful brand new ride and all that horrible white junk on the ground outside! :crying:

·
Registered
609 Posts
Right! It's killing me. I bought cold weather gear last month too, so I would be riding for sure!
Props for that. Get out there and enjoy her as much as you can.

Personally, I'm old-and-cold and even with cold weather gear, I just don't go out under ~50 degrees and dry. My location (Central PA) allows me to ride about 9 months a year on that basis. But I surely suffer from PMS (parked motorcycle syndrome) from roughly Dec-Feb... :frown:

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,428 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas. Ride often and safe.

·
Super Moderator
6,398 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Nice choice of ride you got there, love my 950 as well. Glad you joined us and ride safely even in the white stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
HeyLittlemamakt, welcome to the forum! I'm on the 950, as well. I will be going into my 3rd season with this great bike. Last year I rode the Blue Ridge Highway and Skyline drive on her, and the year before I rode out to Portland, Oregon from Boston, Massachusetts. The bike is plenty capable, I will say that!

I like your exhaust and sissy bar. Very cool.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Proud owner of a 2012 950 tourer myself. Just bought this spring after a 25 year break from riding.. I am also bumming about the winter being here living in Michigan probaly wont get back on till April. I sure did enjoy it this summer, You will love the bike ,,now just need some spring weather.

·
2,488 Posts
Welcome to the forum from snowy (sniff) Canada. Beautiful bike and I'm sure you're going to have lots of great memories on it. You found the best forum to learn all about it too!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Glad you found this forum Littlemamamk! Seems like the statistics of women riders are rising. Welcome from the northeast NY where we are already getting the cold and white stuff. Be careful out there. Lots of credit for riding all year, but I prefer to put my 950 tourer on the lift for those months. You have a great ride and it looks fantastic. Ride safe and enjoy~YammyV

·
Registered
266 Posts
HeyLittlemamakt, welcome to the forum! I'm on the 950, as well. I will be going into my 3rd season with this great bike. Last year I rode the Blue Ridge Highway and Skyline drive on her, and the year before I rode out to Portland, Oregon from Boston, Massachusetts. The bike is plenty capable, I will say that!

I like your exhaust and sissy bar. Very cool.

Way to go YamaMassGirl!! I have been contemplating a 3,000 mile trip in June on my 950 and was thinking it may be too much for a small (under 1000cc) cruiser. You just proved me wrong. Good to know the bike can handle it. It's a great bike and I really love it and I put about 10,000 miles a year on it. Glad to know I won't have to look for a bigger bike now I'm going to start doing longer trips.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts