Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TYVM, I did get the Cobra Highway bars too. I ordered an air horn for it. I am going to add lights to the highway bar too. :) Anyone know of a light that has a clamp system that will mount to them, or have other reccomendations for lights? I want to be sure I am seen and heard. I do not want to be a stupid rider.

·
Super Moderator
6,403 Posts
Bevo just added some to his crash bar, he could tell you what company he bought from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First ride 25 miles. OMG I cannot stop smiling. My beautiful wife thinks I am a goof... I had her follow me home to keep other off my butt while riding so I did not have to worry about some A**hat tailgating me because I was not going fast enough. I kept it under 65. I have never rode a bike this big. I was a little nervous starting out because of that. After 100 yards I realized it was not going to turn evil and flip me off of its back and I was enjoying the ride. First part of the ride was in town. BTW I live in a college town.. Go FSU!!! so there are a lot of very inexperienced drivers near my shop. So that was another part of me being more nervous than a long tail cat in a room full of rockers. Once I got on a major road and was able to get out of third the ride was over too fast. I wish I had done this YEARS ago. It was AWESOME to go into curves with it at a decent speed. I am going in to work tomorrow morning at 5ish, so I will get some dark time riding in too. Sooo happy with my purchase.

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Riding in the dark, is totally different. So after I ate dinner last night I was sitting on the couch, probably fidgeting, and my beautiful wife tells me to go for a ride. I was like no baby, I want to spend some time with you. She told me she would be there when I got home. So I went for an hour ride. This morning coming in I noticed a lot more smells than ever before (environmental and man made) that I had never noticed before. This is awesome!!

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's a good looking bike is your back rest pulled up with only two bolts holding it in

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
LOL Good eye.. Yes that is how it was when I bought it. I put it back to stock level. They person who had the bike before me did some hacking on the wiring I just found out while cleaning the bike. So I am fixing that too.

Some people do not deserve nice things.. LOL

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is a picture of one of the "fine" wiring jobs I found. The wires were cut off and hanging out from the tail light area. I took the chrome cover off to find the added wires covered in electrical tape. I took off the tape and this is what I found.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
It's a cool ride...I have my 950 for a couple of weeks now and it's my third ride.....but it's a blast because it's light enough to be comfortable round town but at the same time it still gives you some pleasure when u open the throttle....I am having a difficult time deciding where to take the bike with customizations though....

Whether to go classic cruiser and give it all the bling it can take or try to give it a custom look....long low and mean....

Decisions decisions

R.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Welcome from Waldorf, MD! Looking at your bike is almost looking at a carbon copy of mine! I have the Kurakayn grips on mine so I have a little difference from yours. You are very blessed my friend to have a wife who encourages you to ride. Very blessed..... I have to agree with all the other 950 brethren - you've made an excellent purchase and that goofy smile is here to stay!! I still have mine!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts