Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
That bike needs some love!

Looks like a great project and kudos to you for saving a bike!

Got any history on it?

Any advice to folks about checking out the frame after a spill like that to ensure you end up with a safe bike?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone know of a good, quality aftermarket headlight that fits these bikes? I was looking at possibly upgrading from the standard bulb to an LED or HID style bulb.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
810 Posts
I had the opportunity to rebuild a wrecked GSXR a few years ago, and I had the best luck finding parts on ebay. Granted, it was winter, so I wasn't in a big hurry to get it put together. The great thing about the 1300 is that parts span several years so you have a lot of years to choose from. I would LOVE to find a project like yours!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the opportunity to rebuild a wrecked GSXR a few years ago, and I had the best luck finding parts on ebay. Granted, it was winter, so I wasn't in a big hurry to get it put together. The great thing about the 1300 is that parts span several years so you have a lot of years to choose from. I would LOVE to find a project like yours!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Everything I've found says only 2007-2008 are compatible. That's from sites like partzilla and bike bandit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts