Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 Road Star Silverado S. Picked her up today and rode her home in 34 degree weather. Sun was out making it feel warmer than it really was but I was happy to be in the saddle again for the first time since November. Rides great and shifts smooth as butter. Took the tires a few miles to warm up and then she was good to go.

Great power and a big step up from my 950. So far it's totally stock and I'll be adding bits and pieces as the season rolls on. Looking forward to putting some major miles on this season.

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
This is a strange case of deja vu. I also just purchased a roadie. Mine is a '12 model and only had 3500 miles on it. I bought mine last Tuesday, also rode it home in 30 degree weather. I have even stepped up to this bike from a 950! Mine is also mostly stock. I have put more than 500 miles on it since purchase and have loved every mile. Congrats on your purchase, I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Nice couple of rides you got there. If all goes as planned I might be joining you on that upgrade.

·
Super Moderator
4,625 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. Make sure and post impressions and some good saddle time.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice couple of rides you got there. If all goes as planned I might be joining you on that upgrade.
You won't regret it. It's an awesome machine that feels really solid on the road. I could have got cheaper deals on a Honda and a Suzuki but I really wanted to stick with Yamaha and I've had my eye on the Road Star for a long time now so when this one came available I grabbed it.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is a strange case of deja vu. I also just purchased a roadie. Mine is a '12 model and only had 3500 miles on it. I bought mine last Tuesday, also rode it home in 30 degree weather. I have even stepped up to this bike from a 950! Mine is also mostly stock. I have put more than 500 miles on it since purchase and have loved every mile. Congrats on your purchase, I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.
Nice!! Great you're able to ride it right away. Weather here has warmed a little but now it's raining and going to continue for the few days so mine is sitting in the garage patiently waiting.

·
Super Moderator
4,625 Posts
You can check it out first hand in September in Waynesville. Really looking forward to that trip and to meeting you in person.
Dan
Looking forward to it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts