Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
your gateway attack on the media is misleading and misguided

when people get the flu they stay home, they dont see the doctor, and no one knows they are even sick unless they have serious complications and need to be hospitalized.

then the doctor confirms they have the flu - those are the most serious cases, which is why 10% of the "confirmed" flu patients may die

but the actual percent of people dying overall is the 0.1% - and that an estimate and its all we will ever get.

The death rate for the new virus was reported over 2% in China. But people in china tend to smoke heavily and are generally not in good shape or health.

Over the next few months it might be as low as 1% in the USA, our health care is better than china, esp for the elderly in nursing homes and on Medicare.

Declaring the media is intentionally given false numbers sounds a lot like when people were saying the government was stockpiling coffins that could hold 6 bodies right after President Obama took office, because the Affordable Health Care act was going to lead to millions of people being left to die.

Remember when millions of people were left to die by their AHC doctors?

Me neither.

In the USA 7,000 people die every day on average

If the entire population of 350 million americans is affected by the virus in a year, and 1% dies, then 3.5 million americans will die over the next year

that is 9,600 deaths per day, in addition to the average 7,000

what number are you comfortable with?!
I see your point.

·
Administrator
13,400 Posts
The Coronavirus Fatality Rate Reported by the Media Is COMPLETELY INACCURATE. The Actual Rate Is LESS THAN THE FLU

The current estimate for the fatality rates on the coronavirus just don’t add up. The estimates based on current data are completely inaccurate. Current data shows that this virus is much less deadly that even the common flu from the 2019-2020 season.

Details below:

N/A – not available
firstly, please turn off your bold and capslock. we can see your post just fine without it.
never heard of the gatewaypundit. wikipedia labels it as "American far-right news and opinion website." well that doesn't look biased at all, an opinion site telling you that all of the media is lying to you. but i have heard of the CDC and The Washington Post and other credible sources that all show the flu mortality rate between 0.05%-0.1%. the 10% death rate you're citing is leaving out the estimated cases of tens of millions affected by the flu virus. the 0.1% is even on the same chart you're citing. you're taking one single stat and misinterpreting it and ignoring the other data.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Well these people hoarding have finally pi$$ed me off, they got all the TP, no big deal we have a couple 4 roll packs, they wiped out the meat, ok not good , but we have some in the freezer .
BUT, they wiped out the ice cream aisle, now I 'm mad, they are hoarding ice cream.......that I don't have , I just wanted simple gallon of chocolate ice cream...it's all gone.....they have gone too freaking far now :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Well these people hoarding have finally pi$$ed me off, they got all the TP, no big deal we have a couple 4 roll packs, they wiped out the meat, ok not good , but we have some in the freezer .
BUT, they wiped out the ice cream aisle, now I 'm mad, they are hoarding ice cream.......that I don't have , I just wanted simple gallon of chocolate ice cream...it's all gone.....they have gone too freaking far now :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Come on up here we have all that you want! hehehe

·
Registered
949 Posts
Here you go @Jspree Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream recipe.
It is the least I can do for you! Which by the way...I am very good at doing the least that I can do!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Over here no ice cream or eggs tp and other essentials damn hoarders. Meat section is all but gone unless you want liver not many onions to go with it though. I’m thinking that I’ll have to go to Walmart first thing tomorrow morning at 6AM when they open the doors. I’m hoping that they don’t have a hour waiting line to get in. Times are just nuts right now I talked to my son who runs a main office supply ware house as soon as they get stuff like TP and hand sanitizer it’s already spoken for as are masks. They can’t keep up with the demand for essential products. But really ice cream come on. I’ll have to ration my 1/2 gallon.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I tried again today for a couple loaves of bread before work.
At 1pm the bread store was out.
I am really getting tired of this and wasting time looking all over town for food.
So I went to the gun store and bought a Glock instead.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Have enough of the self protection stuff still looking for water and the TP are Walmart this morning opened at 6 had ice cream lol. But no water or TP. They did have pretty much everything else needed to get through for awhile though. The bread selection was low but did have some.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
I am really getting tired of this and wasting time looking all over town for food.
In the USA people who use a gun to end someone's life
by 10 to 1 use it on themselves
and next most likely will use it on someone in their family

post your address, I will send you a loaf a bread everyday for a month

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
In the USA people who use a gun to end someone's life
by 10 to 1 use it on themselves
and next most likely will use it on someone in their family

post your address, I will send you a loaf a bread everyday for a month
That wasn't to get bread. It's because it's a good deal and need a better concealed carry.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Someone already got stabbed for a case of water in Georgia, a fight broke out here in our Sam's club last weekend.
It's starting to be like the wild west.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I tried again today for a couple loaves of bread before work.
At 1pm the bread store was out.
Apparently you weren't looking for Beef Steak Rye or you would have bought a SigSauer

·
Registered
949 Posts
Tried to order some TP from one of those big warehouse stores...Dont need it now but I will in a couple of weeks so I thought I would get in the back order line since I am aware that it is pure chaos out in the real world and some mfg's are faced with limits on how many can work at a time in some of these production facilities...Yes some areas are enforcing the gathering limit on people even in these types of facilities...Well as my luck would have it my order got cancelled...I am not fretting about it as @Yamaha Pat posted a pic of a back yard bidet....So I have a lawn chair...a hose..I m good. But....for all you hoarders out there.....stop it....We all need each other more than ever at this time until this issue gets under control or we are better positioned to handle the medical side of it...Because the scarier monster is gov involvement....In the words of Ronald Reagan...the scariest words known to man....I'm from the government...and I am here to help....Yikes...

21 - 40 of 55 Posts