Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was riding today and it was pretty windy. Realized that my turn signal housings are loose. Got the bike home removed the headlight and there is one bolt that is attached and they are as tight as they can be. My question is what else could be the reason that the turn signals stems are so loose? And if any other riders have experienced this what was the remedy. Thx

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Hmmmmmmmm??
Well Tex,
Maybe pictures are needed here or it might help if you can add more comments. This alleged tight bolt, I am imagining you can make the turn signal wobble but this bolt does not move?? Or is it that the turn signal housing can twist/spin and the bolt spins with it?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Scotch tape

Was riding today and it was pretty windy. Realized that my turn signal housings are loose. Got the bike home removed the headlight and there is one bolt that is attached and they are as tight as they can be. My question is what else could be the reason that the turn signals stems are so loose? And if any other riders have experienced this what was the remedy. Thx
I hope you figured this out. if not and you need to tighten this up try a little scotch tape on the handle bar or line the turn signal clamp area with tape. it will tighten the gap without damaging the chrome plate. if it degrades it is easily remove with out damaging any thing by using a simple razor blade. this way you dont expose any raw metal by trying to sand the mating surfaces of the signal housing to tighten the clamping of the housing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts