Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

A couple of riders asked for photos of my V Star with the Ultimate Seat on it. The rain has held off for today so I was able to get a few shots of it in the back yard. Except for the seat the bike is completely stock, although I'm still waiting for the risers I ordered a week ago.

www.jimmarby.jalbum.net/Ultimate Seat

·
Registered
159 Posts
Thanks for posting those pics!! i guess I will placing an order for mine in the near future. :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hi Starshine,

My windshield is the short one that came with it. Someday I'd like to get the next size up in the hopes it will reduce some of the buffeting.

One thing I did that was a big help in reducing buffeting was to add a set of chrome windshield lowers. Before installing them the wind would come around from under the gas tank and turn upwards and actually try to pull my helmet off when I was over 50 mph.

My last bike, which was an '84 Yamaha Venture, had a full faring that went all the way down to my feet and the windshield went up to the top of my head. I never got any wind or rain on me, I guess that spoiled me a little also. Actually on a warm day I like the wind I get from the V Star, but the Venture was great in cold weather. I think the $100 I spent for the lowers was well worth it, especially when you compare it to the cost of a new windshield.

If I get a chance tomorrow I'll take a photo of the lowers an add it to the other photos of my bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts