Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 2014 950 Tourer about a month now. I bought it off the showroom floor with 0 miles on it.
I was looking at it yesterday and noticed something I hadn't seen before.
There is some sort of tape on the tailpipe and I have no idea why it is there.
I've attached a picture for you to look at; maybe someone can tell me what this is for?
My only guess is that the dealer did a temporary fix on a loose rivet or something. Is there a rivet there?

Attachments

·
Registered
418 Posts
If I recollect correctly I had a place on the 950 muffler with some sort of tape on it. It was covering a weld that was done after the muffler was chromed. I thought that it was a corrosion preventative measure. You must realize that some of these bikes are manufactured, crated, warehoused, shipped across the pond, warehoused, shipped to the dealers, warehoused and then finally prepped for sale. The only climate control is at the manufacturing facility and the sales facility. That means possibly months in uncontrolled environment in between. Bare welds rust. Ask your dealer if you are concerned. Augie

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have 2014 950 Tourer also, I also have the tape on the joints. Mine is on two spots. I can't really see it unless I'm looking for it so its stayed on there for now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 2014 950T. When I took it in for its first service I asked about the tape and the mechanic said not to remove it was meant to stay. So leave it alone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts