Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey folks,

Was pulling my AIS off the other day, and I found this strange wire underneath my left side cover. No clue where it used to go to...PO must have left it there. Figured now would be a good time to figure out what it is and reconnect/remove it.

Kinda left middle...has the white plastic connector at the end of it.

Oh, and while we're here, whats the canister below it with the two vacuum lines and the electrical connection?

Any idea?

(V-Star 1100)

·
Registered
211 Posts
ok well the canister thing is the fuel pump - the "vacuum lines" are the fuel lines, inlet & outlet. The outlet divides into 2 just under the tail of the tank, and these 2 lines go off one to each carb.
The electrical connection is the pump's power supply.

now that stray wire may be the same one as the fellows (B) in the pics below (can't see enough in your photo).
or it could be one of the many connectors which hide under that plastic sleeve (A), as per the other pic below. have a look!

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome...I had kinda figured fuel pump, but I hadn't traced the lines. Due to its proximity to the AIS, I had the fear that it might be something else...its my first time getting this deep into the v-star, so live and learn.

I think I'm gonna have to get the wiring diagram and match the wire colors going into the connector...just figured Id see if anyone happened to know it by sight, since it looked a little distinctive.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
*bump*

I looked at it again...two wires going into the connector. One red, one black.

Traced them back and they rejoin the wiring harness right next to the fuse box.

Looked at the wiring diagram and I can't seem to see any red/black two wire connectors that go to anything that doesn't work.

Maybe I'll short them out and see if it pops a fuse...

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I wouldn't

Ken,

I would not take the chance on shorting them. If they go to power then you would blow a fuse as you said. But what it they are fed by some expensive assembly some where else?

I do remember seeing someone else inquiring about a spare connector in the same area. Don't remember the out come. But, it must not be important.

Dave

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hm...I've been riding it for a few years this way, and it doesn't really seem to have done anything. The PO messed around a bunch, so it's one of those things that's gonna nag at me til I figure out what it goes to.

I may just end up leaving it there, I guess.

·
Registered
211 Posts
ok that bunch of wires (B in the pic) on mine is 9 black wires into 3 white connectors. on the other side of the connectors, 2 pairs out of the 9 were just looped back into each other.
so they do nothing on my bike either. they're spares for the optional alarm that the wiring diagram illustrates.
(all wires leading into the optional alarm are black in the diagram)
hope that helps

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
With the key switched to on, use a 12 volt test light to check to see what terminals inside the connector are hot, then pull the fuses out until you find the one controlling that circuit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts