Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any NASCAR fans out there? I like the short track racing better than the super speedway tracks but Daytona marks the start of the season. Who's you favorite driver? I'm good as long as a Ford wins. 馃榿

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #3
i don't understand why Daytona is the Super Bowl when it's the first race. that's the opposite of the Super Bowl.
Before Speed Weeks revs up, teams have already spent a month testing and tuning their cars, an indication of how much emphasis is placed on the Daytona 500. It's NASCAR's Super Bowl. But whereas the Super Bowl ends the season in the NFL, the Daytona 500 starts it in NASCAR. Why? Because NASCAR thinks it produces maximum drama.

Sound backwards? It is.

Registered
I used to watch until Dale got killed. Hardly ever watch anymore.

Registered
my wife worked for Lowes for a few years when Johnson was the champion. it was a big deal for the employees. Got to see his car at the store.

not really into it, put will have it on muted if im not doing anything else.

thought about going to Watkins Glenn to see a race in person. Its very expensive....

Registered
I like to go to races but do not really enjoy watching on TV. I wish they would add more technology for viewing experiences. More drones, more communication and mics inside of the cars to listen to the drivers, etc...

Super Moderator
I like to go to races but do not really enjoy watching on TV. I wish they would add more technology for viewing experiences. More drones, more communication and mics inside of the cars to listen to the drivers, etc...
interviews with the drivers while they're racing, have drivers respond to fans' tweets and Q&A during race, camera shots of their families when they get in a crash, have drivers do their own pit stops, at the 50 lap mark the last car who isn't DNF gets to trade places with the 10th place car, introduce stars and turtle shells a la Mario Kart

Registered
make a connection with another sport everyone loves: Roller skating

Play organ music

the 5th lap is reverse direction

the 10th lap is backwards skate

15th lap: couples only

20th lap: ladies choice

25th lap: HokiePokie!

Registered
My first and only live Nascar experience was when I got tickets from Devilbiss spray guns. It was August in Fontana 90 plus degrees. I road there and found a place to park and the crowd was moving to the left (mistake) walked all the way around the outside of the track ( it's a big track). The entrance to the infield was about 300 yards to the right so now I am really sweating and finely find the suite. I walk in and there are six suits standing there. Oh wait there's a buffet oh wait there's a bartender one of the suits walks up to me and I realize it's my rep. not used to seeing him in a suit. Gets me a Jack and coke and gives me the the tour we walk to the front of the room big window at the starting line. Then he takes me outside and up the stairs and now I see the whole track go to the front and there is the starting line and if we look over the edge and there's the pits. With food and drinks brought to us almost without even having to ask. Awesome.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts