Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Check out Batteries Plus, I got the one they sell about a month ago for my 07 650. Looks like one in Manchester @ 179 Deming Street

They only sell 1, and will be under XVS650, this is the one they have:

XTA12B-BS Xtreme Permaseal Battery 650CC 1998 to 2014 XVS650 V-Star (All) Yamaha Motorcycle

·
Registered
257 Posts
Try Sears. Half the price, twice the warranty. Bought one for my 1100 Classic and have had no complaints.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
any other opinions? I see diehard and bike master brands are about $50 and the YAUSA is about $100 - is it worth the extra $50? Some reviews I read mention leaks on the diehards which makes me nervous, never know about Sears these days

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks tstar, didn't realize Amazon had them. Ordered a YUASA battery and will be here Monday.

I'm a fan of Interstate but was almost double the price. Should have ordered it days ago...supposed to hit 50* this weekend!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
466 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Got my YUASA on Amazon for $75

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Great choice you made. Yuasa is a premium battery and why they last so long in our bikes. To most people it may seem like a no name brand but the thing is they are one of the largest high quality maker of batteries in the entire world for all kind of applications.

In my industry (the electronic security industry) if a device has a Yuasa battery for back up, you know it will provide a reliable life, many inferior products on the market that look the same but are not fail way before they should. I am not normally loyal to a product of any name but I can say we go through a lot of batteries in my industry and its a good feeling when you replace a bad one with a YUASA.

·
Registered
163 Posts
It's funny to me I just saw this thread. Just 3 days ago I ordered a Yuasa battery for my 650 from Amazon. It was $78 and change OTD. It came in the mail today and I just added the fluid to it. Took about 15 minutes for it to drain in. Now the question is do I pull the old battery out now and put in the new? No problems with the current battery but when they go bad it happens all at once usually. 4 years is enough on it I guess. I think I'll at least wait til it's a bit warmer in the garage. Pulling the battery and installing the new one and adding the cables for the maintainer too sounds like more than a 10 minute job. Is it just me or is putting a battery in the 650 a real pain?

Since I put the fluid in and sealed it (according to the instructions) do I now put in on the trickle charger or what? No further instructions came with it. I ask because I just saw on the internet that you should charge it slowly for the first charge but also NOT to seal it for the first charge. Already put the seal in nice and tight. Anybody know?

·
Registered
24 Posts
i know this is a older thread but i need to know the size of batter that i can buy for my 04 1100.
oem # gs gt14b-4. i can find anywhere that has the size of the batt. i'm at work and need to pick one up before i go home this evening.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yuasa - YUAM624B4 - 7.8 x 7.1 x 5.5 inches
Chrome Battery - YT14B-BS - 6 x 2.8 x 5.8 inches
Power Max - GT14B-4 - 5.94 x 2.76 x 5.79

Why do they say it is a direct replacement when all the sizes are different???

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Yuasa - YUAM624B4 - 7.8 x 7.1 x 5.5 inches
Chrome Battery - YT14B-BS - 6 x 2.8 x 5.8 inches
Power Max - GT14B-4 - 5.94 x 2.76 x 5.79

Why do they say it is a direct replacement when all the sizes are different???

Because the size information you have posted is wrong. I bet you got it off Amazon...which is one of the very worst places to find correct information like battery sizes. Do a little more research using a reliable source of data and you'll find what what you need.

The bottom 2 numbers are going to be the exact same battery....and the top one has the incorrect size listed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts