Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all

Wanted to pick some brains on issue I may be having before I get the dealer and my retirement account involved lol.

My 93 Vstar 1100 has been having some issues accelerating.. It does not run rough or anything so to speak but turning the throttle fast to accelerate results in what I feel like is a DELAY. Its like I turn the throttle all the way and it almost seems like the engine is 'limited' and refuses to kick in all the way.. Slower acceleration works fine... It's just when I really try to get on it that it messes up.

I adjusted the valves and synched carbs and changed oil few months ago but as I said from the feel of it it's running pretty good other than it won't jump when I say jump.

Maybe just the carbs are gunked up? And if so I was gonna give seafoam a try but wanted to know what you guys felt the best dosage was. ie... vacuum line or half a can in an almost empty tank.

Oddly I took it to dealer for inspection a month ago and asked him to check how it ran and he said it was fine. Does not feel fine to me.. Unless me getting fat has reduced acceleration that much lol

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
It's going to be really hard to say what's going on without knowing more about your bike. What size mains and pilots are you running? What intake and exhaust? How often do you ride...in other words...how much time does your bike spend sitting?

IMO, dumping stuff in the fuel tank usually makes you feel good, but does little to fix a problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts