Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went riding saturday and after about 120 miles it sputterd a little bit and then just quit. I let it set for bout 45 min and it started back up. then sunday I road bout 17 miles and it quit again and would not start back for bout two hours like the battery was dead then all of a sudden it started back up and run fine. Any input on this would be greatly appericated.

·
Registered
394 Posts
When you turn the key is your fuel pump kicking on like it's supposed to? Most defintely fuel starvation. Check dry break, fuel lines, fuel filters, the works. Good time to take it apart, tank off, oil/filter, air filter, etc.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I had a similar situation while on a ride with a friend. His tank cap was full of gasoline and therefore plugged.It would not vent astir into the tank and formed a vacuum. No air in ".no gas out. Check your cap.

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
Registered
22 Posts
When you turn the key is your fuel pump kicking on like it's supposed to? Most defintely fuel starvation. Check dry break, fuel lines, fuel filters, the works. Good time to take it apart, tank off, oil/filter, air filter, etc.
+1. this can happen when fuel is way too lean. have you adjusted pms? check it - about 2 to 2½ turns out from light seat is typical. Keep us posted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts